Sunday, September 9, 2007

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 9

There are flowers enough in the summertime,

More flowers than I can remember --

But none with the purple, gold, and red

That dyes the flowers of September!

Mary Howitt (1799-1888)

GOOD MORNING!

R &R day is here once more and I’m always very thankful for it. Refreshed and renewed I can make it through another week, with a SMILE on my face and warmth in my heart.

After a wonderful day yesterday, I’ll be off to church this morning and then having lunch with DD. After that I’ll need to do a little catching up here at home as the weekend is when I get things done around this old house.

We were very fortunate to avoid any rain at the festival yesterday. It was cloudy most of the day, but that was ok as it wasn’t so hot without the sun shining.  The pictures above are a mixture of the festival and my bath.  I did find two more items to accessorize with, the rest I either had or ordered from a catalog.  I do still have 3 more areas that need something on them, but it is looking pretty beachy for sure. 

This morning I can hear the rain pouring down outside. Guess it'll be a good day to stay indoors and get my stuff done.The temps here are supposed to be in the low 70’s all week long. Everyone is ready for that for sure. Last week’s steamy days are now behind us. Fall is almost here and I suppose we’ll only have an occasional hot day here and there from now on.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Memories made from love can never fade

Every day we generate memories.

Sometimes we quickly forget them,

sometimes they are best forgotten but the ones

that are built on and around love are the ones

that can never fade.

What does the word love mean here?

It has its roots in God and it has been given

to every single person.

It is built on trust and acceptance,

it is built on openness and honesty

and it is built on giving life our best shot.

If we can look back on any given day

and say that we have memories

that were built around love,

it will have been a good day.

In God's eyes it will have been an even better day.

Thought For Today by Fr.James McSweeney

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

www.irenescorner.com/graphics

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the new bath items even some treasures from the art festival....
I'm off to work!
Enjoy your day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures ,what a lovely day you all had ,and werent you lucky to find ,the things that go so well with your theme ,it has all gone together so well ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I loved all the photos...love the bathroom decorations...so pretty.  What a lovely town too.  You can send some of that rain our way...we sure need it.  We might get a drop on Wednesday afternoon, so they say.  Have a great week ahead...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures!  The festival looks like fun!  That little town reminds me somewhat of Van Wert.  Your bathroom looks great.  Now when you take a bubble bath, you can just pretend you're at the beach!!  :)  Have a blessed Sunday.  Hugs, Linda  

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your pictures! Looks like a fun festival. That's a nice town they had it in, too! Love the old buildings.
Your bathroom decorations are lovely! You really have some nice things! What a good idea to do a beach theme.  My bathroom just has pictures of old clawfoot tubs and old bathroom decor. Nothing fancy.
Have a great RR day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

You really had some good ideas in your bathroom, I loved all the little beach things and the toliet set is great.  The festival looks kind of what we did yesterday, you were lucky to find something nice to buy.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Wow!  You really went all out in your bathroom...the accessories really tied it together.  The bathroom seat is awesome.  The pictures were nice.  Now you can coast until your next project.  Have a good night.

From my heart to yours...
Gloria, Kevin's mom

Anonymous said...

Now that is what I called a decorated bathroom! Looks really neat the way you decorated it. Nice! The other pix were also nice. Hope you have a wonderful week after a couple of fun days. God bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

cool tolet seat. so you were in our neck of the woods bowling green. looks like a great time