Tuesday, September 18, 2007

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 18

A lot of things have been said about the value of perseverance. We all know the good old fable about the tortoise and the hare.

Do you ever have a day when you just feel you are used up? One of the current words used to describe that feeling is "burn out." In other times it was just called being spiritually exhausted, tired or weary.

When we are motivated out of guilt, competitiveness, fear, or anger, we burn out more quickly and more completely. "Not losing heart" is an integral part of the journey; however, unless it is motivated by love, "it profits nothing"

There’s a great deal to be said for daily plodding. You travel further in life by quietly moving forward, than by just talking about your destination.

Bits and pieces from my daily reflections.

GOOD MORNING !

Here I am again with my good cup of hot coffee and plodding along. I’m like a tired old horse these days. I know I have lots to do and I keep busy for sure, but I don’t seem to have many carrots dangling before me.

Trusting in the One who can carry us when we fall and can help us run the race of perseverance so that we can finish strong is what keeps me going.

I have found that living happily in the here and now and being thankful for it is the only way to succeed most days.

Perseverance does make our lives work better, so with God's help, I want to encourage you to keep on keeping on.  Every step forward takes where we need to go.

It's off to work as usual for me today.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.

Oprah Winfrey

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics from :  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah tis is an exhausting one weekend for us too. i dont think I shall see a calm one till after the wedding. yes doing it out of love but sure is wearing us out. Even Rachael says......... I wish that day were here and all this over with. She said she just wants that big day here and all this busyiness done.

Anonymous said...

you have a great day and yep there are many times I feel so burned out. But a little rest and I am back on track.

Anonymous said...

Like the comment from Oprah,have a good day ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Pam this is old Dad, I need your e-mail if you don't mind sending it to me,

                     Dad at Dad's Tomato Garden Journa
                      white6416r@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Pam this is old Dad, I need your e-mail if you don't mind sending it to me,

                     Dad at Dad's Tomato Garden Journa
                      white6416r@aol.com

Anonymous said...

You could have been describing me today...plodding along too.  Hope you have a lovely day...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I LIKE 'DAD'S TOMATO GARDEN' AND GOT THIS LINK THIS MORNING.
     THE 'DANGLING CARROTS' REMINDED ME OF A TIME IN THE 1920s RIDING AN OLD WHITE HORSE BAREBACK WITHOUT A BRIDLE.
     THE HORSE WAS OLD AND SLOW. I SUSPECT HE WAS SMARTER THAN I, JUST HAPPY TO HAVE SOME ATTENTION THERE IN THE PASTURE ALL BY HIMSELF.
     HAD TO CLIMB UP ON A STUMP AND THEN ON TO THE BACK OF THE HORSE.
BRINGING A NICE GREEN STALK OF CORN FROM THE GARDEN AND THE OLD HORSE FOLLOWED ME RIGHT TO THE STUMP WHERE I GOT ABOARD.
     I HELD THE STALK WITH THE NICE GREEN LEAVES OVER AND IN FRONT OF HIS HEAD AS HE WALKED FORWARD TRYING TO REACH THOSE GREEN LEAVES.
      HE KNEW HE WOULD GET THAT STALK OF CORN AFTER HAVING MY RIDE.
SIMILAR TO MEN, HAIR ON HORSES TURNS TO GRAY OR WHITE AT A CERTAIN TIME IN THEIR LIFE. OF COURSE THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS.
     THE ONLY HAIR LEFT ON ME NOW IS MAINLY ON THE EARS AND REMANING BLACK.      sam      

Anonymous said...

Well, here I am at work (lunch break!) so that means I'm still plodding along!  Hope you're having a great day!  Linda  

Anonymous said...

Found your Journal via Dad ~ and enjoyed the read ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

LOL Cute entry. Maybe it is the weather... we could blame it on the weather.. couldn't we?? lol I have been this way all summer??  Maybe it is my age or maybe I am going through a slow down, sit, and do nothing stage of my life??  Wow! If they sold motivation pills I think I would buy a couple this year. lol Maybe I don't have enough carrots dangling before me either!! lol I am happy and all that, just seems like I don't have enough energy! lol May you have a lot of smiles and blessings too. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Oh! I just thought of something! We could blame it on Daylight Savings Time! lol Soon we will get an extra hour sleep! lol Have a wonderful week, Janie