Saturday, September 15, 2007

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 15

A visiting preacher was known for his optimism and his ability to find something to give thanks for.

He arrived at a village chapel one Sunday when it was blowing a gale and raining heavily. The congregation began to wonder what he would find to be thankful about on such a wild morning.

He proved himself equal to the occasion and in his opening prayer said:

We thank you, O Lord, that every day is not as bad as this one!

We can all relate to those off days when nothing seems to go our way. Often it is a collection of events outside our control that seem to have an influence on what happens in our own life.

Like the preacher in our story we always need to have some sense of hope and optimism. Even if today isn't the best of our days, there will still be something good to look back on. It may be our inspiration for tomorrow.

Thought For Today by Fr.James McSweeney

Good Morning!

Yesterday sure wasnt one of my best days that’s for sure. Of the 5 work days of the week, I think I had one good one. If this week taught me anything it is I’m not 20 any more.

They say your job often keeps you fit and active, but It seems the opposite for me I’m afraid.

Today, I’ll be in my element because I’ll be home and doing the much needed house blessing. Those critters of mine are shedding like crazy. I guess they want to get rid of the fluff so they work on building up a nice winter coat once more.

 Lots of work, but the kind I enjoy today !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Don't let aging get you down. It's too hard to get back up.

Attributed to John Wagner

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

graphics by:  www.graphicgarden.com

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if we didnt have bad days we wouldnt appreciate the good ones ,Iknow how you feel about not being twenty anymore whe Iwas at work Ifelt the same Have a lovely weekend ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

yes the shedding is hard to keep up with for sure. and someweeks are like that this one has been one for me also

Anonymous said...

Kirby's nickname is 'Hairy', he sheds all year long....
Enjoy your weekend away from work!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Love your Thought for Today. So true. Some days are definitely harder than others, but each day is a struggle in its' own way. Old age is not for sissies.

Anonymous said...

Have a beautiful weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had a rough week. I hope you have a restful weekend and are ready to tackle the new week ahead.
Pam

Anonymous said...

lol Yes, I think some days are harder than others. Hope the rest of the week is wonderful for you and easier next week. Have a blessed Sunday. Janie