Monday, September 24, 2007

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 24

 

CONSIDER THESE WORDS

Mark Twain said, "The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug."

When English poet Keats was writing a poem he asked his friend Leigh Hunt what he thought of the line, "A beautiful thing is an unending joy."

"Good, but not quite perfect," said Hunt.

"How about this?' said Keats,

"A thing of beauty is an unending joy."

Finally Keats put it this way,

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever."

"That," said his friend,

"will live as long as the English language is spoken."

GOOD MORNING !

I’m all refreshed and renewed for another work week and am sipping that good coffee to start the day. I had a good visit with the ‘babes’ on Saturday, spent my hour in church for my weekly dose of R & R and was quite lazy on Sunday as I slept in til 8:00 in the morning which is a rarity for me for sure.

The week ahead looks pretty quiet except for my Dulcimer night on Tuesday evening. We were supposed to do this last week, but one of my buddies was ill. So we’ll have our evening of laughter and fun this week instead.

Come the weekend I’ll be traveling to celebrate our Sweetheart’s fifth birthday, so every thing must be done here at home before I go. Good thing that it’ll be a quiet week. I do have a vacation day on Friday and that will help a lot.

Two questions were asked in my comments over the weekend. 

1. I live in northern Ohio.  2.  I do have 7 children - 6 boys and 1 girl and 4 of my children have children of their own so I have 11 grandchildren. 

I know that some of my readers are new to my journal and probably didn't know all that.  Now, I'm a widow and live by myself with 2 old lady cats, a couch potato beagle and 1 dirty old bird that is as old as my youngest son. 

Guess that should update everyone.

It's Monday and I'm off to work once more...

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Consider these words from the wisest man who ever lived:

Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few

Ecclesiastes 5:2

Consider this prayer:

Father in Heaven, speak and I will listen.

Consider His words

From Daily Heartlight

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a good word from ECC.
Im so glad you are able ot keep busy though I think you would like to rest weekends sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ma for a wonderful journal. I am glad that I foind you and can direct others to your Journal, Mary says ti say Hello to you.
                                                                              DAD

Anonymous said...

sounds like a nice weekend, now back to the grind.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely family you have...so many to just hug and celebrate with...how nice.
Hope you have the best week ahead...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday and yay a short week!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Like the quote "lightning and the lighning bug" lol Glad you had a wonderful time. lol Dirty old bird. lol Bet I talk too much to God at times! lol Have a wonderful week with lots of blessings, smiles, and some laughter too! God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't realize you were in Ohio. And I thought you had 6 kids not 7. The only ones I recognize and know who they are, are the "Newlyweds." The others I always have to see your captions to know which ones they are.
What a great family you have!!
Pam

Anonymous said...

wow! 6 BOYS!  I bet you never had a dull moment.
How wonderful.  You have a very lovely family from the pictures I have seen.
Hugs, Cassie

Anonymous said...

You do have a nice family.  Now you have something to look forward to this weekend, plus an extra day off, good for you.  Joni

Anonymous said...

My wife is from St. Paris, OH and she moved up to W|I to be and marry me!  But this subject is more important that all of us... !


Injustice Exposed:  The Secret Code on Veterans' DD 214 's !


http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1654029577076223754

Edwin H. Cosby III Vietnam Vet. explains the secret code on the 26,000,000 veteran's DD214 forms, and how it is used against the ... all » Veterans. Special Veteran's Forum April, 2007 Edwin H. Cosby III gave permission to upload this video. Website: http://www.injusticexposed.org

Home Of The Agent Orange"Quilt Of Tears"
A Traveling Tribute, Honor & Memorial to Veterans
To Visit Our Site! Click Here!
Agent Orange Victims & Widows Support Network, Inc.





Tags: Injustice Exposed: The Secret Code on Veterans' DD 214's.


Written by tschuckman Permalink | Blog about this entry | Add to del.icio.us | digg this This entry has 1 comments: Show Recent | Add your own


Friday, September

Anonymous said...

Wow!  Thanks for that update on you.  I lived in northwestern Ohio for a time!  What a wonderful family.  I can't imagine such a large family!  Blessings, Linda  

Anonymous said...

What a lovely family you have ,similar to mine and what a blessing they are arent they ? ...love Jan xx