Tuesday, September 25, 2007

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 25

Children do it, animals in the wild do it,

and you can benefit greatly from it too.

One of the best ways to learn and to grow,

to improve, and to gain useful, practical experience,

is to play.

Playing is not merely for those

who are young or irresponsible.

Playing is for anyone who seeks to

have a fresh perspective on life.

Begin to play, and you become free of prior limitations.

When there is no goal or specific focus to the effort,

there is no telling what wondrous and

valuable things you will discover.

When you're playing and there are

no serious consequences on the line,

you're free to experiment with lots of

different approaches.

Spend some time in which the outcome doesn't matter,

and the outcome will be that you gain valuable new insight.

You perform at your best when

you're doing something you enjoy.

Increase your play,

and you can significantly improve your work.

Remember always to set aside some time,

energy and resources for play.

Explore and experience life just for the fun of it,

and enjoy the serious benefits

that come from being playful.

Ralph Marston

GOOD MORNING !

After reading the message above, I had to stop and think, when was the last time I played??? Sure, I enjoy getting together with my family, but that’s not really playing.

I guess the closest thing to play for me would have to be my dulcimer group. We really do have a good time getting together and that is usually once a month.

The other thing I like to do is my painting. I haven’t even wet a brush in a long long time. The kind of painting I do is know as Decorative Art or Tole Painting. I’ve collected many many painting surfaces and have a barrelful of paints, but I haven’t done it . Maybe it’s time I took the time.

Over night it seems we have leaves falling just like the ones in the picture above.  Our tree in front of the house is usually one of the first to change colors and loose leaves.  When I got home from work yesterday I noticed leaves on the ground.  But the weather is very summerlike here so it's hard to believe that Autumn is really here.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The sun shines not on us, but in us.

John Muir

May your day be bless with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I don't remember the last time I really played unless you count our yard saling on Saturday mornings.  I do enjoy the freedom and the "thrill of the hunt"!! I must incorporate more play in my life.  Thanks for the reminder.  Have a great day!  Linda

Anonymous said...

yes 90's here adn more to come. OUR Leaves are falling BUT NO color they are just wrinkled and brown we wont have a pretty fal I fear. Share some of your painting styles with us in pictures

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding us that it's okay to play.  I think some of us women, I know myself, feel guilty when we do that.  Hope the sunshines on you today.  Joni

Anonymous said...

What a great reading for today. Play. Made my heart flutter a bit and feel lighter just reading it. Definitely something I need more of in my life.

Anonymous said...

This made me think ~ I can't remember the last time I played ~ well unless Playing with the Grandchildren counts ~ Hope your day is blessed with Sunshine and smiles ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

You had me stopping to think when was the last time I played.   Great entry...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I can't believe some of our trees are changing already, we usually don't see any real changes til Thanksgiving....
I thought my being on the computer was playing, well when I play video games it is, lol...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Well it is so good to be back reading your wonderful journal once again.I am so very tired from all the many miles I travelled in your wonderful Country and the JET LAG.I have been asleep again most of the day,so  I am trying to do a little catch up tonight on journals.Very late it is now but I will get there eventually.I too need to get down to some serious game playing which I havn't done since I moved to the coast.I always had my fingers into something.I seem to just take things too relaxed since I moved here.So now I will take a leaf from this posting and as soon as I am able I will seriously think to doing some creative work,once more as  I always did before.Thankyou for your kind words in my blog you have sent in your comments.They are much appreciated and let me say I have missed your postings so so much.I hope you get a few smiles tomorrow and a little sunshine even though fall is about.The drk nights are creeping in slowly upon us,which I am not very fond of.Time to curl up near th efire or in the C heating and say prayers we are beblessed we have a home to curl up in which many do not have . Take Care God Bless In my prayers always.Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I am going to go out and play now!!!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

My husband is always saying, "Kids and animals all want to play when they are little." lol My cat really wanted to play this morning! He is a barn cat and he was almost ready to climb my pants leg!! lol Have a wonderful week with smiles, laughter, and blessings too. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I promised my self when I retired I would play ...all my hobbies ,still have projects to compete lol ...love Jan xx