Saturday, September 22, 2007

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 22

A wise old owl sat on an oak,

The more he saw the less he spoke;

The less he spoke the more he heard;

Why aren't we like that wise old bird?

By Edward H. Richards

GOOD MORNING !

Like the wise old owl the more I see the less I speak some days. Things in our world are changing so rapidly that I’m often at a loss of what to say.

Technology, for instance, often leaves me speechless. There are things I’ve never heard of before and lots I’ll probably never try. When the babes were growing up and still at home they kept me pretty well up to date on things, now I’m way behind.

I seem content to continue on in the same old ways with the same old things. They are comfortable and I like comfort. Every now and then I do get challenged. My mind , however, runs at a much lower level than it used to and changes are not easy.

There are lots of other things that have changed over the years beside technology, some good and some not so good.  I've heard it said that if we don't change, we cannot grow.  And if we stop growing...well, we're in trouble.

Today is our Apple Festival and it'll be a busy one.  I hope to have pictures for you tomorrow.  Our weather is supposed to be bright and sunny so it should be a great day.

 

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

There are two things I've learned:

There is a God.

And, I'm not Him

May your day be bless with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

Graphics by:  www.graphicgarden.com

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the wise old owl!  Enjoy your day at the Apple Festival.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Apple Festival today ~ look forward to seeing some pictures ~ loved your thought for the day :o) Ally x

Anonymous said...

I love the wise old owl quote havent heard that one for years ,Have a lovely Apple day ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

yes change is so hard sometimes.
love to see the pics

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Apple Festival...I am baking an apple crisp later today with fresh picked apples...can't wait...love it.  Hope you have a beautiful weekend,
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I wish I could stay quiet more, but words just keep falling out, lol...
I'm off to do the house blessing today....
You enjoy the festival!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you have fun at your festival, glad that the weather is nice for you.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful day at the Festival!  I'll be looking for the pictures.  Blessings, Linda  

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good time at the Apple Festival. I will look forward to the pictures. I always look forward to your pictures of your activities.
Hugs.
Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

talk about keeping up.... just trying to get a comment here today I had to find my password and couldn't so had to reset it... I say I have enough to do just to keep on doing what I do    ..... we got a cell phone and use it maybe once a month. a waste of money maybe?  Hope you are having a nice time today.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes, lots of things to learn in our world today. Have a wonderful Sunday with blessings, Janie :-)

Anonymous said...

yes. things are changing more quickly it seems.
Sometimes change is good, but I am a creature of habit so change in not always easy for me.  I hope you enjoy your day.
Hugs, Cassie