Monday, September 3, 2007

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 3

INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIFE - Part 2

(I’M NOT SURE WHERE PART 1 WAS,

BUT THESE ARE VERY GOOD)

24. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.

25. Read more books and watch less TV.

26. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time.

27. A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all you can to create a tranquil harmonious home.

28. In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.

29. Read between the lines.

30. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.

31. Be gentle with the earth.

32. Pray - there's immeasurable power in it !

33. Try to NOT interrupt.

34. Mind your own business.

35. Be trustworthy !

36. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

37. If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. That is wealth's greatest satisfaction.

38. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.

39. Learn the rules.

40. Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.

41. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

42. Remember that your character is your destiny.

43. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.

44. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

45. Attend Church weekly NOT weakly

GOOD MORNING !

I hope you enjoy the pictures of my day away yesterday. I had a wonderful time with the babes and grand babes DS’s #1, 5 and 6 and DD and all their families were present for this family gathering. Missing were DS#2, 3 and 4 and their families. All together we are now 25 strong. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love them all.

I treasure each get together and miss the ones not present. Until you’ve had a large family , you just don’t know what a blessing they are for sure.

I’m back at the painting. Today is D day –that is DONE DAY. What ever doesn’t’get done will have to wait for the next long weekend. There is just no time for this kind of job during the regular week. Hopefully all that will remain are adding decorative touches with accessories.

We’ll see….

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.

Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pics..you have a lovely family..
Lyn

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day with family.  Gosh, you all are serious campers!!  LOL!!  Glad you had a good time and good weather.  I'll be looking forward to seeing your finished bathroom.  I've got to tackle my bedroom and I, like you, cannot do it in a day!  There was a time.  Sigh........  ;)  Have a great day off.  Linda  

Anonymous said...

great inpsiring pics for camping. So glad you got this day. Loved all pics of everything you know i love real pics

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!  And, the scenery was awesome.  Reminds me of my camping days.  Hope you finish your bathroom...and safely.  Take care...Gloria, Kevin's mom

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures. Thank you for sharing them. Have a nice day today and don't work too hard painting.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the picstures, the kids are so cute and were having so much fun.  You're lucky to have a nice place like that to camp, with a lawn?  Up here all the camping places are dirt, with maybe a park nearby, that's a big maybe.  Don't work too hard today, or I mean don't overdo.  Joni

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a perfect day. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Iabsolutely loved the pictures of your family get together,what a good looking bunch they all are ,Hope D day goes well ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and looks like everyone is having soooo much fun. Beautiful graphics as usual. Hope you have another wonderful day today. Blessings, smiles, and prayers, Janie

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of everyone! What a great camping place....
the one of the whole gang together on the hike is the best....
Can't wait to see the painting....
The ribs are done and the boys are waiting for me so they can eat, lol....
Happy Labor Day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

by the way I loved the doggies in the end of the pics likes nice and green up your way.

Anonymous said...

looks so pretty, reminds me of a place called green mountain park.

Anonymous said...

How come I haven't seen a link to your journal before?!  I enjoyed reading this and especially looking at the photos, it reminds me of my family get-togethers!  Now I shall have to read the journal entries that went before!  Love, Pat    http://journals.aol.co.uk/pm71blackfen/ramblings-from-pat/