Friday, September 7, 2007

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 7

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself:

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.

I can choose which it shall be.

Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet.

I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

Groucho Marx

GOOD MORNING !

So many times the events in our lives make us want to cry instead of a smile for sure. But, like the quote above, we do have the power to make our selves happy.

Every morning, I try to do just that. Today is Friday and I’m happy just knowing I have the next two days off.

Saturday I’m going to spend the day with my dulcimer buddies and the ‘Newlyweds’. There is an Arts Festival near where the Newlyweds  live and we are going to spend the day listening looking and yes, probably buying a few things here and there too! It’s almost a 1 and 1/2 hour drive so I’ll be off early in the morning and not return til dark.

Yesterday when I stepped outside at lunch time I was surprised as you could actually smell fall in the air.  It was a hot sunny day, but somehow the air had changed.  It's funny how the seasons actually do have different smells.

I received my accessories for the bath the other day and I hope to have some more pictures for you soon. You’ll just love my acrylic toilet seat with sea shells in it..

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

There may be hundreds of little joys in your day. Take a look because they all count.

Sharon House

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree there is definitley a hint of Autumn ,have a lovely weekend and look forward to the pictures ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a beautiful weekend plannned...yes, Fall is in the air...love your tag...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I love fall...it is getting cooler at night.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Autumn leaves... just around the corner. I feel that way about today. Still have to pray to stay in that state of mind. Tomorrow I night I will be singing at the historic theater. I have felt it too. My husband don't believe me. I think we might have an early winter.. not sure.. just a feeling in the air. Hope you also have many smiles and sunshine. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

The only thing I miss living in Florida is the changing of the seasons.  I do not miss the cold weather, ice, snow, etc.  But I'd make a great "snowbird"!!  tee hee.  Hope you have a great Friday.  Linda  

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the arts festival!
when I stepped out the door on Friday, I just smelled smoke from a big fire in the bay area, but the wind was blowing all the smoke into the valley... our worst air quality day yet....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

well I'm reading this on a Wednesday and yes I'm happy that it's  hump day. I try to smile each and every day. Hope your week is going good so far.