Wednesday, September 19, 2007

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 19

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Nature's peace will flow into you

as sunshine flows into trees.

The winds will blow their own freshness into you,

and the storms their energy,

while cares will drop away from you

like the leaves of Autumn..

John Muir

GOOD MORNING !

OVER THE HUMP DAY once more. I’ve been having a topsy turvy week so far. My boss decided to change our pay period and so what I’m usually doing on Wednesday was done on Monday. Tuesday seemed like a Friday and today should be Thursday.

Does that sound confusing to you??? It is to me for sure. I ‘ve been doing this job for lots of years now and my routine was pretty well pat. Now I’ll have to rethink what day is best for what I should be doing.

I am a creature of habit for sure. One thing is for certain…after today there are only two days of the work week ahead and I’m looking forward to the weekend. Our little town is having our annual Apple Festival and some of my babes are coming in for the day.

The big thing about our festival is food and very little else, so we’ll be eating lots of good things and just enjoying being together. These opportunities seem to get fewer and fewer, so I really appreciate them when they come. Of course I’ll take some pictures and share them all with you too.

Thought for Today

The pessimist may be right in the long run,

but the optimist has a better time during the trip

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes I d love to see some pics I cant wait. I hope we get to make ONE of our annual farm trips this year to an orchard we so love it.

Anonymous said...

How funny you have to change your week around in your head ,Have a lovely apple day with your family look forward to the pictures ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

yes hump day. Yeah. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. My DH works 4 days a week, 10 hours a day through Daylight Savings time. I always feel like Friday is Saturday! Soon he will go back to working 5 days a week, 8 hours a day! My days will be shorter and he will be home earlier (sigh). lol  Glad to hear you will see your babes. Great quotes as usual. Have a wonderful rest of the week with lots of smiles, laughter too, and many blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

I have trouble tracking the days if we have a holiday or vacation day!!  Your Apple Festival sounds like fun.  Also sounds like a cold climate!!  Love your quotes.  Can't wait for the pics.  Blessings, Linda  

Anonymous said...

That did confuse to me :o) I hope you soon learn which day is which !!!!  Your Apple festival sounds like fun ~ glad some of your Babes will be joining you ~ I do look forward to seeing some pictures ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am a new reader....I just stumbled across your journal & I liked what I read.  Your fall festival sounds delightful.  We will be having ours in my little town in a couple of weeks.  We enjoy it so much.  Like your's all we do is EAT!  But it is wonderful to spend time with those that we love.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I'll be glad when we are finished with our shoe remodel and get all the shoes back where they belong so we can settle into a new routine...
Happy Hump Day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I hope the end of your week is better for you.  I had quite the week myself.  Love your graphics.  Joni