Sunday, September 30, 2007

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 30

A father and nine-year-old daughter were swimming in the ocean. While they were separated by some distance, the tide began to go out. The father knew he could not reach his little daughter and bring her to safety alone with the tide running so strongly against him.

His only hope of saving her was to get help quickly. "Float and swim quietly," he called. "Don't become excited. I'll be back to get you." Then he hurried for a boat and help. By the time the boat was brought, the little girl had been swept far out to sea by the strong tide.

It took a long time for the men in the boat to locate her. When they found her, she was calmly floating and swimming around as her father had instructed.

Later the newspaper reporters swarmed around the little girl, asking how she had been able to remain so calm and to keep up so far out at sea all alone. "My daddy told me that he would come back. I knew he would come, so I wasn't afraid. I did what he told me to do, and I was all right," the little girl replied quietly.

Our Heavenly Father has promised that He will come back for us . . .

GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYBODY

I’m back from the party and as you can see I took lots of pictures to share with you all ! Hopefully I can get a little rest this afternoon and be refreshed for the work week ahead. I love getting together with the babes, but they sure do tire me out .

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

What we do today, right now, Will have an accumulated effect on all our tomorrows.

Alexandra Stoddard

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story with a moral ,we have to believe ,I loved all the pictures of the family party  ,Your hair looks nice ,I know what you mean about them wearing you out ,Oh what I could do with some of their energy ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Well Well the pictures were wonderful I loved them.I love children though,so how couldn't I not enjoy your pictures.They certainly had a lovely day and I am so happy you were able to share it with them too.Yes I too get so tired,we love to be around them,but it's good to come home too and relax again.Party's are tiring times.What a beautiful family you have they are a credit to you.The garden there is so so big what a lot of land they have,it must be realy lovely to have such a large plot.I loved the story your posts starts with.I believe he will come back too.Rest up now and have a lovely peaceful Sunday.Your haircut looks realy lovely and such a lovely colour it is.I hope you have had a few smiles today and the weather has been kind to you too.It is pretty cold here now in the evenings.I am going to put the central heating on now Brrrr.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful story. God Bless, Janie :-)

Anonymous said...

lovely story