Monday, September 17, 2007

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 17

A successful businessman carries a unique business card on the reverse side of which is stated the philosophy which has brought happiness to him…and to hundreds of others…

The card reads:

The way to happiness—

to keep your heart free from hate,

your mind from worry.

Live simply, expect little, give much.

Fill your life with love.

Scatter sunshine.

Forget self, think of others.

Do as you would be done by.

Try this for a week and you will be surprised. As you read these words you may say, "There is nothing new in that." Indeed, there is something new if you’ve never tried it.

Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

GOOD MORNING !

We’ve all probably heard these words or something like them many times before. The truth is if we don’t try it – it is new.

As I start a new week I thought maybe this is something I need to do. Last week was a rough one, maybe this week will be better !

I’ve noticed that I can get self-centered very easily. I tend to think of my comforts more and others’ less. When you live by yourself and work in an office of one…it is far too easy. Of course, I always do what the bosses want, but that’s what I’m paid for.

So today I’m going to try and remember when I do something for others it should be as I’d want it done to me. First and foremost I’ll not be forgetting to spread the Sunshine for sure.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.

Babs Hoffman

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah if wnat to do smetihng for others think of my family in prayer!!!!! two weeks five days till the wedding!!!!!!!!! oh man!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for setting this weeks ,was going to say task ,not quite right ,but you know what Imean lol Iwill try it though ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a better week then last week. I try not to sweat the small stuff. It's hard though as you know.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful week...and I agree...spread the Sunshine!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Can't believe that you are ever self-centered --- have a great week.  Chilly here in Southern Maryland too only going up into the 60's today.  Phyllis

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine you being self centered EVER. I guess we all do that though. We're human after all.
I hope you have a great week to make up for last week. Let's both have a great week...huh?
Hugs...Pam!

Anonymous said...

After last week... this has to be a great week!!
Enjoy!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

your very right about the last week, and also about becoming self centered, geesh, so easy to do, but gonna go the "Norman Vincent Peale" plan. :)  You have a wonderful week.  DebbieRN  

Anonymous said...

It's so easy to turn our attention inward.  Thanks for that reminder.  I will try to be more aware of those around me and do what I can to help them.  Blessings to you, Linda

Anonymous said...

Good one, thanks for sharing.
I am the same way...

Anonymous said...

I really liked the last quote... enjoy the journey. A great post. Thank you for sharing... in your prayers could you please say one for my daughter, Terry Ann she is running almost 103 tonight. Thank you and God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

PA, ( mAW ) This is Dad, I did not know that you had all these good journals. You have been commenting on my journals for a long time, I need your e-mail address is you would send it to me I would appreciate it.

Your Tennessee friends Dad and Mary. Dads Tomato Gaden journal
white6416r@aol.com