Sunday, September 16, 2007

CHAPTER 9, PAGE 16

 

…my pursuit of happiness has ended.

How blind I have been!

Now I know that happiness hides

not in that new house,

that new career, that new friend.

And it is never for sale.

When I cannot find contentment in myself,

it is useless to seek it elsewhere.

Whenever I depend on things outside myself

to supply me with joy

I am doomed to disappointment.

Happiness, I see now,

has nothing to do with getting.

It consists of being satisfied

with what I’ve got and what I haven’t got.…

So long as I have something to do,

something to hope for, I shall be happy.

Now I know that the only source

of happiness is within me,

and I will begin to share it.…

I choose a better way to live!

Og Mandino, The Choice

GOOD MORNING !

I’ve got my good cup of coffee and am trying to wake up here this morning.  Yesterday was a lot of up and down the stairs. Laundry and trying to put things away. I never did get much cleaning done, so today won’t be completely rest and relaxation as I’ve still got to get that done. If it doesn’t get done today, it’ll will just wait til next weekend.

My weekly dose of R & R is badly needed and I’ll be off to church as usual today. I’ll be saying some prayers for all of you while I’m there. I always pray every day, but on Sunday I like to get to church early and spend some time praying there too.

It is only 40 degrees here this morning at 6:00 a.m.  The house of course is a bit warmer inside.  It is way to soon to turn that furnace on...

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Meet God in the morning

And go with Him through the day

And thank Him for His guidance

Each evening when you pray.

Helen Steiner Rice

My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

Psalm 5:3

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

graphics by:

www.untilthengraphics.com

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a Blessed Sunday Pam ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I am LVING this cool down!!!!!!!!! for me its more stress being in services or any crowd!!!!!!! It really is a big stressor!!!!!! groups and functions drain me I feel like I have run a marathon up hill and I feel like the life has been sucked right out of me!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's chilly here too, this morning.  Hope you have a lovely morning at church..and a great week ahead...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that beautiful reminder of satisfaction and contentment!  It is "cooling" down here too but if it wasn't Sunday I'd probably be going for a dip in the pool later today!!  Have a blessed weekend. Linda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quote and so true. Hope you got many things done today. Have a wonderful week with lots of blessings, smiles, and warm sunshine. Janie