Sunday, October 23, 2005

SUDDENLY SUNDAY

As time goes on,

 I am increasingly aware of God's presence.

I see unmistakable evidence of

His miracles within me and around me,

and my faith deepens with each new day.

Faith has brought great abundance to my life.

The knowledge that there is an all-powerful

guiding force has given me the ability to accept

changes in the outside world, and to experience

 positive changes within myself that otherwise

would not have been possible

Faith gives me the confidence to go

 forward even when I don't see the road ahead,

or can't understand why

I am being led in a particular direction.

 When I turn to God in faith,

I am provided with peace of mind

and a sense of well-being,

 no matter what the situation or circumstance.

Even when my emotions are awry

and my thoughts are confused,

I can count on faith to anchor and stabilize me

When I put my faith into practice,

it grows stronger.

 The more I apply and depend on faith,

the more faith I have

 

 

Faith is to the soul what a "main spring" is to a watch

 

 

 Life is not measured by

the number of breaths we take;

but by the moments that take our breath away

 

  GOOD MORNING !

I’ve had lots of moments that took my breath away!

The day I got married and looked into my husband’s eyes as we said I DO

The moment I heard my first baby cry

 The moments I heard the 2,3,4,5,and 6th babies cry for the first time

Watching my children graduate from College (they all worked so hard and I was so proud of them)

Holding my first grandchild

Holding my 2nd, 3rd,4th,5th, 6th,7th,8th,9th, and 10th grandchild

I know there were many many more but these came to mind just now. And I’m sure there will be many more.

 I heard from Son #6 yesterday and they were off to a wedding (another friend getting married) He had a good business trip and got to see parts of the country He’d never been in before.

DD and hubby were moving their camper Saturday to the campground that we were at last weekend. It will now have a permanent site to sit on. Everyone really liked this campground. DS #1 and family will be moving theirs there too ! It seems to have all the desired facilities and they won’t have to haul it back and forth. Guess where I’ll be most weekends next summer! (That’s if the cost of gasoline doesn’t keep me at home)

The scones (recipe in yesterday’s entry) turned out to be very good ! Dad said maybe I left them in the oven a few more minutes than I should have, but everyone enjoyed them.

Well, I’m off to church now and Ill be thanking our dear Lord for my many blessings. Remember to bless your spirit today and give thanks for those special ‘moments’ too!

 

 

 ***BIG SMILE***

MA

 

God is our stronghold

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,

the holy place where the Most High dwells.

God is within her, she will not fall;

God will help her at break of day.

 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. :Selah.

Psalm 46:4-7

 

GRAPHICS BY:

www.amretasgraphics.com

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah we wish to go camping one more time but who knows its getting cold. I hope to hit an orchard today

Anonymous said...

One of your best entries. I love what you wrote about Faith.
Love & prayers
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

So true of faith.  I hope your day was wonderful.  Sounds like the family is keeping busy. :)