Saturday, October 8, 2005

ANOTHER SUPER SATURDAY !

 

An Autumn Friend

By June Master Bacher

 Our lives were new when first we met

 And felt a friendship start

 And though the buds of youth have bloomed,

There’s a springtime in the heart

For life must grow and life must change;

Else what’s a summer for?

And now I find the years that bind

More precious than before

For love that with each season grows

Can never know an end

It reaches for eternity

Beside an Autumn friend.

 

Good Morning!

I have 3 very close friends that I’ve known since my children were young - My 2 dulcimer buddies and my old camping friend.

It seems like yesterday that we first met, yet many years have come and gone. I guess they are my Autumn friends. The good Lord certainly blessed me when he sent those 3 my way.

It’s SUPER Saturday here trying to catch up on all that didn’t get done last week. I know my to do list is very long, so everything won’t get done, but every little bit is better than nothing.

Next Saturday is the last Family Camp for the year, so I’ll be visiting the campground and taking my ‘deviled eggs’ as usual. Hopefully it’ll be a little warmer than this weekend. Highs in the 50’s and lows in the low 40’s???

I hope you all are having a ‘SUPER’ Saturday too !

***BIG SMILE***

 MA

 Countless are the reasons

We have to cherish friends

 For smiles when they’re most needed,

For helping hands they lend.

For special confidences

They take the time to share,

For all the little loving ways T

hey show how much they care.

For their joy in our successes,

And their comfort in defeat

For these and more , it’s truly friends

Who make our lives complete

Florence Hurst

    PROVIDED THE GRAPHICS TODAY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's just plum cold where you are!
60's here, but probably not any colder than 50's tonight.  Got the winter clothes down anyway...Enjoy your weekend.
Sonya