Thursday, October 13, 2005

Mr. Sunshine - Where are you ???

 

October is a signal

For trees to turn to fire

And show off crimson colors

Before they must retire

October is a beauty

Dressed in Autumn's spell;

She walks in splendor everywhere

And wears the season well

October is a treasure

She's rich beyond belief;

Her patchwork days of color

Are spectacular, but brief

October is a painting.

A scarlet leaf display

Framed by a sky of sapphire blue

And wrapped in an Autumn day

 

 GOOD MORNING !

Thursday already ! This has been a nice fast week, thanks to my vacation day on Monday ! The weather here has been dark and dreary ever since last Friday ! Almost a whole week without any sun!!! I’ve been trying to make my own sunshine, but the eyes feel like they need toothpicks to hold them open. My coffee in the morning seems to have no effect. Sunshine deprivation gets worse and worse each year for me. Thank the good Lord we have the colorful leaves on the trees, else it’d really look gloomy out.

***BIG SMILE***

 Have a blessed day all !

I hope the sun is shinning where you are !

MA

 

p.s.   Look what I found on the internet yesterday evening:

The personal commandments of Helen Steiner Rice emphasized optimism:

 1. Thou shalt be happy

2. Thou shalt use thy talents to make others glad.

3. Thou shalt rise above defeat and trouble.

4. Thou shalt look upon each day as a new day.

5. Thou shalt always do thy best and leave the rest to God.

6. Thou shalt not waste thy time and energy in useless worry.

7. Thou shalt look only on the bright side of life.

 8. Thou shalt not be afraid of tomorrow.

9. Thou shalt have a kind word and a kind deed for everyone.

10. Thou shalt say each morning -- I am a child of God and nothing can hurt me

I think we must be related –at least in spirit!

 

sunshine graphics by:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love cloudy days in teh fall. as far as color no t one leaf has turned here in ky. even the maps at the weather chcannel are showing we dont have any color. I dont know what the deal is. Now I love the color and the sun For some reason inthe fal I love cloudy days I guess I seen to many days without rain and sun we had no rain since katrina nad just got some friday.

Anonymous said...

I like these personal commandments!  Hope you have a good rest of the week...
Sonya

Anonymous said...

The personal commandments are lovely. We have a little bit of sun this morning, but expecting rain.
Cute "Welcome friends." graphic.
Blessings, my friend.
Barb- http://journasls.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinioin/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

A great find by Helen Steiner Rice!
Will be 91degrees here tomorrow and then 72 on Saturday, brrrrrrr!
Have a great Friday!
Linda