Friday, October 7, 2005

FINALLY FRIDAY

 

Then summer fades and passes and October comes.

We'll smell smoke then,

and feel an unexpected sharpness,

 a thrill of nervousness, swift elation,

a sense of sadness and departure.

 Thomas Wolfe

 

GOOD MORNING !

 HAPPY FRIDAY!

Well now my Monday plans have changed, I still have a vacation day, but DD has a doctor’s appointment at 3:00 in the afternoon, so we can’t go to Amish Country as planned. We’ll do breakfast together and find some place to explore locally so she can be back in time for that. Whatever we do, it will still be fun as I don’t get that many times to do something just with my daughter and a 3-day weekend is definitely a cause for celebration ! We may be able to go on a Saturday sometime this fall instead.

Today looks like a slow one at work, most of what I have to do got done yesterday, but you never know what kind of surprises might be in store. The weather is much cooler today with a high of 60 degrees predicted and rain.

Take good care all !

***BIG SMILE***

MA

 

 If I could have my wish I guess that it would be

 A wish to be a child again

Beneath an autumn tree.

For there I played with friends

And laughed with childish glee

As light wind tossed a yellow bird,

An autumn leaf—and me

Vivian Trollope-Cameron

GRAPHICS BY:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our high is supposed to be 56 degrees.  Right now it's 41.  I haven't had the furnace on this fall, but I will turn it on at 6 AM before the granddaughters arrive.

Anonymous said...

man I Hope it finally cools down today like htey say. the rain is here finally. thas good. wish I coudl stay home but to day I have to go to town of all things. Love to makeit a hot choclate day. Im so sosrry you arent going to amish country. But your with loved ones and that is the best gift of all.

Anonymous said...

I apologize I haven't been at your journal much this week..of course most weeks, I am bad at posting a lot during the week but I had cleared out my cookies on my computer which cleared out my RSS feeds, I guess.  I had to reset them and some how missed yours and of course I had stopped the alerts.  I like the RSS feature on MY AOL - beta version.  It's an easy way to read journals all at once and not have alerts.  I kept alerts on those that didn't post but every now and then...I had just had too much mail b/c of graphic groups and trying to curtail some of it.
Hope you all have a lovely day...I am hoping to get lots done at work today.  I plan to work on affirmative action.  I have to get it done.
Sonya