Sunday, October 16, 2005

SUDDENLY SUNDAY

What is Gold?

 The pumpkins store their food in bags of gold

Near Indian corn heaped by in tawny shocks,

A wedge of wild geese feel the crispy cold

While honking through the asure sky in broken flocks

The topaz plumes of goldenrod in fields,

Where maples spill their coins along the fence,

Nod at full apple trees that flaunt their yield:

A wood thrush sings a song of recompense

Persimmons scent the frosty, tangy air,

And autumn’s gold is sprinkled everywhere.

Stella Craft Tremble

Good Morning !

 

Where our heart is …there is our treasure.

 My heart certainly did some flipflops yesterday, viewing the lovely countryside and visiting with my children and of course visiting with my ‘buddies’ as we traveled to and from .

 I do treasure these special times with family and friends.

 

 

 It makes up for all the quiet times I spend alone. I’m not complaining about the ‘quiet’ because we all need that too, but if I had my choices, it’d would be the giggles, grins, and playfulness of my children and their children . We do have a lot of laughs together!

The weather was perfect for camping- the good Lord certainly knows how to make the Sunshine! Today is Bless your Spirit Day ! I’m off to church as usual and home again to get ready for another week!

 

***BIG SMILE***

I’m wishing you all a blessed day that’s full of sunshine and smiles !

 Ma

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures.  I LOVE camping.  Which is why I enjoy spending time at my cabin in the woods.

Anonymous said...

Camping and Halloween festivities, How fun!!!
And the doggies were so cute...
Have a blessed Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

OH yes it was and is a bueatiful weekend for camping. Next weekend sounds wonderful too. !!!!!!!!!!!! I m going back to look at pics. I so envy you

Anonymous said...

Love the poem; so descriptive it's as if I were experiencing it all in person.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Oh I loved seeing your pictures.  So much fun.  People and Pets all in costume.  Now what did you dress as?  LOL.
Glad you had a good time.