Sunday, October 2, 2005

SUDDENLY SUNDAY

 

In autumn when the trees are brown
The little leaves come tumbling down
They do not make the slightest sound
But lie so quietly on the ground
Until the wind comes puffing by
And blows them off towards the sky.

The winds will blow their own freshness into you,
and the storms their energy,
while cares will drop away from you
like the leaves of Autumn.

Fall poem by John Muir

 

Good Morning

 

I’m sipping that good cup of hot coffee and slowly waking up this morning.  I know I did far too much driving yesterday...

I feel like I’m still playing ‘dodge em’ on the interstate !Going down wasn’t bad, but coming home was a trip!

There was something going on in Columbus (probably football) and traffic was backed up quite a ways and then a little road construction that was clearly marked 55 mph...I must have been the only one that saw that sign ...

Then there were the people that pass you onthe wrong side zoom by and then pull in front of you making you put on the brakes…That coupled with some Amish buggies in the dark after we got off the interstate made for some very interesting driving.

We did have lots to see and do and enjoyed the day at the ‘fest’.  I posted pics after I got home so go to the entry below this one for a look and a link to what it was all about !

Off to church – I’ll be praying for all of you .

Then I’ll be coming back home for some R&R

Remember to bless your Spirit today !

Ma

 

Listen! The wind is rising, and the air is wild with leaves,
We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!

PROVIDED THE GRAPHICS TODAY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Highway traffic can be so annoying, especially the ones that speed up to slow down right in front of you.  Enjoy your day!