Sunday, October 9, 2005

SUDDENLY SUNDAY

Autumn Brings...

Swirling leaves of gold and crimson

Drifting on a chilly wind

Slowly settle in the meadow,

Heralding the summer's end.

Sunlight fades a little faster

With the passing of each day,

Crops wait ready to be gathered-

Nature's bounty on display.

Evening's song grows ever softer

As birds start their southern flight,

While the first fire in the fireplace

Warms a cold and frosty night.

Autumn days bring sweet contentment,

Time to slow life's hectic pace;

Time to linger in the beauty

Of fall's majesty and grace.

Ruth Fiori Poynor

GOOD MORNING !

Sunday is the day to ‘bless our spirits’ and the way I do that is go to church to spend an hour worshipping our Lord. I love to sing the songs and join in with my fellow parishioners as we pray together. I’m always uplifted and ready for another week ! I’ve been going to the same church for over 40 years and it’s definitely been a big part of my life. A lot of people like to switch churches and try out different Pastors and programs, but to me this church is home.

After church I need to stop and pick up the pet food etc for my critters and them I’ll spend a quiet day at home. We have some new bulbs to plant for Spring flowers, if the weather permits and I’m working on one of my painting projects, so that should pretty well take care of the day.

I hope you have a blessed day too !

***BIG SMILE***

MA

 

fall graphics by:

www.irenescorner.com/graphics

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah a nice quiet day at home yeah i love it

Anonymous said...

Having a nice quiet day here. A real Sunday, complete with roast beef and yorkshire pud. The sun is shining, but it's cold out there. So am enjoying nature's autumn bounty and bird watching through the windows, from the warmth of my home. Have a truly lovely day.
Sylvia xx
http://journals.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/

Anonymous said...

I need to plant some bulbs too.  Hope you have a good worship time.  I have to get up here in a sec and shower and get ready for church too.  

Anonymous said...

Just a little post script :  It's grand to have my alerts working again ! -MA

Anonymous said...

Wow fourty years...
We are going today. :)
We have thought about changing churches but want to be loyal to our own, it's just that they are trying so hard to get new members all the time and are constantly changing that they are pushing away the members they already have...
Have a blessed Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

What a delightful, uplifting entry. The graphic is cute and I just LOVE the poem. Have a blesed day.
Big hugs,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/BOTHSIDESOFTHECOIN