Monday, October 24, 2005

BACK TO WORK !

Where does Mom keep her memories?

 In a box worn beyond repair,

Tucked inside are memories,

Ask and she will gladly share

Tattered Valentines "To Mommy With Love,"

Papers boasting "Good Work... Well Done!"

A hand print small and fragile, Blue ribbons proudly won.

Macaroni shells that once formed a flower,

A baby picture smudged with kisses,

The first tooth the Fairy spared,

Cards of IOU's and loving wishes

Where does Mom keep her memories?

In a box this precious cargo rests

Reminiscent of days long past,

This box of love is her treasure chest.

Author Unknown

 

 

GOOD MORNING !

Not only do I have bits and pieces from my children scattered throughout the house, my treasure boxes fill up a good portion of my basement…Bits and pieces of 27 years of marriage and 7 children. I don’t know if anyone will ever want these treasures, years from now, but I can’t part with them and so they stay on display and packed away. I do love to take a box off the shelf now and then and do some reminiscing.

Monday morning again ! It was a very fast weekend, but I did get a lot done! Sunday turned out to be a pretty nice day and after church, we were able to get out and clean up the yard and plant our bulbs. It will be fun to see them when they come up in the spring ! I took the lawnmower through all the leaves and mulched them up. The tree is almost bare now, so the next time I get the lawn mower out I’ll be mulching the neighbors leaves, they are just beginning to fall.

Our not so sunny ‘Sunshine’ babes are weathering out the storm and the pictures above were from Saturday when they were preparing for ‘Wilma’ .

 

 

 I hope you all have a very Blessed Day !

***BIG SMILE***

MA

 

  www.graphicgarden.com     PROVIDED THE GRAPHICS TODAY

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray your babies are safe from wilma. Yes I Love memorie boxes. Ineed to get my scrap booking done too. Our leaves changed over night and I posted pics of the few I caught you know those certian oak trees seem to change first and vibrantly.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your family. It's windy, but warm here. Dark and dreary. Autumn is doing it's worst, the trees and gardens are looking bereft. Take care.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

Oh I just hate that everyone has to go thru all that...and so many times over and over lately.  Hope everything is ok with them and not much damage.
Hope you have a good week.
Sonya