Tuesday, October 11, 2005

BACK TO WORK TODAY

 

As Fall The Leaves

As fall the leaves,

so drop the days

In silence from the tree of life;

Born for a little while to blaze

In action in the heat of strife,

And then to shrivel with Time's blast

And fade forever in the past.

In beauty once the leaf was seen;

To all it offered gentle shade;

Men knew the splendor of its green

That cheered them so, would quickly fade:

And quickly, too, must pass away

All that is splendid of today.

To try to keep the leaves were vain:

Men understand that they must fall;

Why should they bitterly complain

When sorrows come to one and all?

 Why should they mourn the passing day

That must depart along the way?

Edgar Guest

 

GOOD MORNING !

 

On a cheery note I found my Christmas ‘to do’ list so I can make plans for this year ! I had it last year and it seemed to really work, and I just found it again on a Women of Faith Newsletter for last October – Let the countdown begin

Here’s the plan in a pumpkin-shell:

Phase 1: Gift Shopping and Wrapping

8 weeks before: Shop for and wrap 1/3 of your gifts

7 weeks before: Shop for and wrap 2/3 of your gifts

6 weeks before: Finish shopping and wrapping gifts

5 weeks before: Start planning for Thanksgiving

Phase 2: Decorations, Cards, and Mailings

4 weeks before: Put up outdoor decorations and write Christmas cards

3 weeks before: Set up Christmas tree an decorate indoors. Mail cards and gifts

Phase 3 Celebrations, Cooking and Cleaning

2 weeks before: Attend and host parties. Bake and clean

1 week before: Grocery shop for Christmas meals; make final preparations for the big day

Christmas Week: Celebrate Christmas and Enjoy!

 New Year’s Day Take down decorations, write thank-you notes, and start the New Year fresh.

8 weeks before Christmas – you guessed it, Halloween! When you use Halloween to trigger your holiday preparations (instead of Thanksgiving), you have plenty of time to get everything done. As our family get together is the weekend before Christmas, I need to be starting soon!

***BIG SMILE***

Have a blessed day ! They are ‘falling’ fast!

MA

 

Pumpkin graphics by:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered about you shopping yesterday. I know alot of places were closed due to columbus day. lucky for me the court house  was still open.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the list.  I'm going to try it.  I need all the help I can get.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful entry. I especially love the tips on Christmas, which is my favorite holiday. It's always a pleasure visiting your journal. Love it!
love & prayers
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

I remember this list from last year... I've been reading your journal for over a year now. :)
And only eight more weeks, oh goodness!
Linda