Tuesday, October 4, 2005

HAPPY TUESDAY !

There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October.

 Nathaniel Hawthorne

 GOOD MORNING !

We managed to get through Monday with no major problems, and I think today will be a pretty good one too! The bright colors of fall are beginning to show here. Over night leaves began changing colors. The evenings are getting darker much earlier and at 8:00 last night I headed for my ‘trip to the beach’ (bubble bath and icecream) and got to bed earlier than I have in quite awhile.

One of the men that works for us also raises chickens and his wife was telling me about how the chicks always go to the hen house at dusk, in the summer it can be almost 10 pm, but as the days shorten they go in earlier and earlier. No one has to round them up, they go in by themselves. I must be like those chickens. I do remember my Grandma saying they ‘went to bed with the chickens’ back on the farm. Now I know what that means.

 Cluck , cluck

***BIG SMILE***

MA

 …Each autumn day that brings us a blossom or a highly-colored leaf is a day of beauty and loveliness. Each autumn day that brings us a song will be a day of cheer. All go toward nourishing the heart with promise and hope, for hope springs eternal from the heart and dreams of man.

Taken from a Country Cronicle by Lansing Christman

 Found in an old Ideals book I got in an antique shop a few years ago

 

graphics by

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish the leaves would turn here. We have had near 90's last few days adn it stinks. we had two cool days and that was it. I Hope ot cools and never see 80's tilll next summer. if we dont get some cool nights it wont be a pretty fall.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for preschool and Happy Birthday!!!
Still in the high eighties here... And the leaves will start changing more next month.
Linda :)