Friday, June 8, 2007

Ever get to the end of "one of those weeks"

and feel like this?

Missing a few dots from your dominoes.

Half a bubble off plumb.

The cheese has slid off your cracker.

If I had another brain, it would be lonely.

No grain in the silo.

Bailer done run out of twine.

Slinky's kinked.

Porch light on, nobody home.

A lap behind the field.

A prime candidate for natural deselection.

Gates are down, the lights are flashing,

but the train isn't coming.

GOOD MORNING !

FINALLY Friday ! What a long week this has been. I got very little done at home, but I can say the laundry and grocery shopping are done . Those two are the most important on my list.

I am finally taking the flannels off the bed and exchanging them for some cool cotton percale ones. It felt just like someone had turned the oven on here yesterday and I think today will be more of the same, but with a chance of thunderstorms.

My DS#1 and DS#4 and their families have decided to take a weekend vacation in Northern Ohio at Cedar Point Amusesment Park. They will be checking in there this morning and tonight after work I’m supposed to go with DS#5 and his wife to visit with them all. Some of the other babes will be joining them tomorrow, but I can’t go then as I’ll be spending the weekend with Dad as usual.

It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to see any of my family due to my weekend schedule so I’m glad to have this opportunity. I’ll only get to spend a few hours with them, but I’m excited to see them.

If you’ve never heard of Cedar Point, I’ve put a link below so you can check it out. http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/webcams/index.cfm

DS# 1 and his wife used to work at the hotel there when they were in college. And DS#5 worked there summers too while he was in college. My babes all had to work and put themselves through college with the help of some student loans of course.

So I’ll be ending this work week on a positive note. I’ll be getting my trip to the beach for real. The park is on the Lake Erie shoreline and has a beautiful beach.

Thought for Today

When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stone-cutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it would split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before together.

Jacob A. Riis, journalist and social reformer (1849-1914)

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

First list is so apt lol ,your grahics today are very amusing ,I am so pleased you can spend some time with the family ,times to treasure ,but so is the time with your dear Dad so you are torn at the moment ,...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

ah I can agree with that rise and shine but not at the same time somedays. Im just stressed here of late. But a smile does help. I love that bailer done run out of twine one lol hope you take lots o f pics and so glad you get to be with your family

Anonymous said...

LOL!! I love the funny graphics today you have inserted .Thankyou for the smiles I sure needed them today again.Sounds the family are going to have a super time gathering together and the children will just love it there.I am happy you will be getting a little break.I hope your Father is as well as can be expected if not better when you go this week/end.It is so sad when people are ill.I feel for you so much,as I nursed my father the same..It was very time consuming and hard work .Especially with a family of four children 3 at school and one only a baby..It is realy cold here right now,the weather has been shocking this week .I have just down a Rhyme posting on the weather today.I am not getting alerts through at all  I am having to go around the board once more.AOL Grrrrr.I don't think my alerts are being got either to some j/land friends.Not to worry I will make it I am sure.I hope the family have a wonderful time and you yourself if you do manage to join them.I also Hope you get lots os sunshine and a few smiles along the way.Thakyou once again for my smiles this morning.I do appreciate them and love visiting your journal.Have  lovely Friday.Take Care God Bless.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love your pictures!  How cute of the dogs laying out.  And all the others too.  Like that "have you ever had a week like that" poem.  Made me laugh.  And "yes I have" had a week like that. LOL.
Take care and have a good day and have fun making some plans for beaching.

Anonymous said...

All of your graphics are so cute today!  I hope you have a good weekend. I'm sorry you don't get to spend more time with your own family. But, I hope you enjoy your Dad.
Take care...Pam

Anonymous said...

I know how precious these times with your family are.  Thanks for the smile this morning!

Anonymous said...

loved reading your journal this morning... smiling is what its all about isn't it.... Sandra

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your visit to the beach and tell Dad Hi!!! Our 80's are turning back into 90's and it will only be 60 in Monterey, brrr chill, lol...
Have a great weekend!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time, I loved your entry, especially the photo of the dog sunbathing.  Hugs, Terry x