Monday, June 25, 2007

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 26

When troubles come and things go wrong

And days are cheerless and nights are long,

We find it so easy to give in to despair

By magnifying the burdens we bear.

We add to our worries by refusing to try

To look for the rainbow in an overcast sky,

And the blessings God sent in a darkened disguise

Our troubled hearts failed to recognize,

Not knowing God sent it, not to distress us

But to strengthen our faith and redeem and bless us.

Author, Helen Steiner Rice

GOOD MORNING !

It's about 12:35 am here, so it is morning,  I should be in bed at this hour, but sleep will not come for awhile yet.  Last night the end of a long journey came for my Dad. He is now safely home and hopefully rejoicing with my dear Mom in heaven.

It is a blessing, and I really do feel that way, that he is no longer in pain nor is he suffering. The days ahead won’t be easy ones for us that are left behind, but we’ll do just fine. I’m blessed with a loving family that will support and help me.

Thought for Today

When an old person dies, a library burns down.

African proverb

In my search for thoughts of the day, I came across this one that seemed so appropriate.  My dad was one of those people that had so much knowlege about so many things and for the most part it was all self taught. With his passing a lot will be lost, but a lot will remain too.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

graphics by:  www.moonandbackgraphics.com

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your dad passing away, I know the last few weeks have been difficult for you.  I hope your dad is now dancing with your mum again in heaven.  Hugs, Terry x

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I know your family will miss him. I know that it's been rough for you watching him deteriorate. I'm sure your Mom was there to greet him, and he's happy now.
Love and hugs to you...
Pam

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear about your dad. I can understand you saying it is a blessing. I remember when my grandfather passed on that was how it happend for us that he had suffered long and hard here and was movingon to better prizes. think of your dads fourth of july fireworks view!!!!!! MAN!!!!! Todd and I were just talking..........  about Kind David when his son died. He got up and ate a meal. His people asked him why now that your son is dead do you eat a meal. He said When he was alive I fasted I prayed but now he is dead There is nothing I can do . SO Iguess when things like this happen there is nothing to do but live the best we can for them and enjoy life as to put as much good in the world as we can and show the world what a wonderful person they were and how they transfered this on us but making the world a better place. I pray for your comfort and peace for your family. AMEN.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear what a sad shock I got today reading this.I have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat.I am so sorry.My condolances to you and yours and may perpetual light shine upon your Dear Father.Safe in the arms of the LORD.May God grant you all strength through this trying time.You are in my thoughts.In Deapest Sympathy Kath Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry, although I know all the things we say when someone older passes, it still hurts.  Your Dad is in a better place but you will still miss him.  God Bless you my dear and may all of our many prayers help you get through these next days.  Love and Prayers to you and your family.  Joni

Anonymous said...

No matter how prepared you are for your loved one's passing it is not easy when the time comes.... one more day, one more hour.  May you and your dear family rejoice in your memories and find consolation in your belief in the Resurrection.  Thoughts and prayers -- Phyllis

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry..... I thought of you this morning and had a feeling...
Special thoughts to you and your family...
Linda...

Anonymous said...

Your thought for today is so poignant. My sympathies to you and your family on the loss of your dad.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... I am so sorry to hear this. My deepest sympathies to you.
It`s good  knowing he`s in a better place with no more pain, like you said.
One day at a time.
May God comfort you.
Hugs and God bless you
Penny

Anonymous said...

Dear Ma I am so sorry to hear your news ,please accept my heartfelt sympathies ,At least now as you say your Dad is now reunited with your Mum ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I am so far behind..and I do send my sympathies to you...and your entire family on your sad loss.  Many hugs and lots of love to you...
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I have only just got through all my alerts.  I am so pleased for your Dad that he is now with the Lord, but feel for you in your grief.  I will be praying for you.
Jenny <><