Wednesday, June 6, 2007

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 6

Rejoice with those who rejoice,

and weep with those who weep.

Romans 12:15

GOOD MORNING !

The verse today reminded me to just "be there" for others, rather than trying to resolve their problems. A warm touch means more to a hurting person than any advice I can give.

To listen when they are ready to talk, to reflect their feelings, helps them know that some one is with them in their suffering, and that is comforting. In fact, that is the core of what humans can do to help others.

After offering loads of unsought wisdom, it seems to me that when someone shares their problems, they're not asking for my counsel. They need someone to listen as they vent and to be aware of their pain as they share their hurt.

If we cannot weep when our friends weep and rejoice when they rejoice, we cannot be regarded as faithful friends. It is difficult to bite my tongue when I see so many unfortunate souls making the same mistakes I've made. The desire to teach others what I've had to learn firsthand is as hard to defy

The rejoicing part always seems the better half. Celebrating one’s joy is easy to do. Unless we are resentful or envious they have joy and we don’t . We should never be too wrapped up in ourselves to rejoice or weep with another. Sharing life’s burden helps to make the load lighter and the time to pass quicker

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

There is "a time to weep and a time to laugh"

Ecclesiastes 3:4

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

graphics by: www.graphicgarden.com

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Compassion! ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

This is what being a true caring friend is about. Great entry.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I try to be just this at all times.A problem shared is a problem halved so they say.One has to have a good listening ear to help.Afraid I have got two good listening ears but I thank God daily for them.I love to help people if I can.Sometimes I am afraid though over the years I have been too good for my own good even though I do say it myself and it made me ill in the end.I loved the post today.I love the tiny graphics too.Hope you get plenty smiles today and lots of sunshine too.Very dull at this end this morning.I am slowly getting through my problems with the computer and I am happy to be back reading this lovely journal.Thankyou for your lovely comments you have palced in mine .I do appreciate them so much.Have a lovely Wednesday.Take Care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

yes listening is such a valuable thing

Anonymous said...

Very insightful words of wisdom today and so well said. Listening is an art and people appreciate good listeners. I agree, sometimes it is so difficult to bite one's tongue and not say anyting. Laughter -- the older I get the more I have to laugh about, and even at myself sometimes.

Anonymous said...

GOOD POST..I am going to copy it and keep.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you totally - usually people just want an understanding ear or a hug, to know that someone understands. Have a wonderful day! I hear Thursday will be a hot one.
(hugs)
penny

Anonymous said...

There's many a time that I do not leave a comment to someone's entry, words wouldn't matter, just that I was listening and checking in....
Linda :)