Thursday, June 14, 2007

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 14

Two women named Hooker wrote to columnist Ann Landers.

The first resented her name. The second rejoiced in it.

The second woman explained that a sense of humor has made all the difference in her attitude toward he name. For example, she said that when she gets crude phone calls asking how much she charges, she answers, "More than you can afford, Buddy!"

She added, "Believe it or not, there are advantages to being a Hooker. Your name is rarely misspelled, and no one ever forgets it."

The reaction of the two women is typical of how people react differently to the same situation.

Two men looked out through prison bars,

One saw mud; the other stars.

Oscar Wilde, "Reading Gaol

GOOD MORNING !

It is so true that for every action, someone sees a different side to it. We rarely know the other half of the story as they say.

We are having wonderful summer time days here. I can’t remember when we had 4 straight days of SUNSHINE!

It does perk me up and helps my attitude bunches. I only wish I could say the same for a few other people. Some people just never see the SUNNY side of anything and they do tend to try and bring me down a step or two in my own out look.

I’ve often read that we should avoid irritable people and only do things with the uplifting ones. I’ve got my ***BIG SMILE *** on this morning, who knows maybe I’ll get a few back!

Stop thinking about tomorrow. Stop hoping that tomorrow will be better. Instead, be content with your life today, no matter what that life may look like . Then, something miraculous will happen...you will find your happiness patiently waiting for you tomorrow

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Put the summer brightness in our closed, unseeing eyes,

So in the careworn faces that we pass, we'll recognize

The heartbreak and the loneliness, the trouble and the despair

That a word of understanding would make easier to bear.

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart.

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes attitude is everything. however when my dog was jumping up chasing the cat all hours last night I was not in a good attitude  at all. the cats come to the door meow and torment the dogs usually she sleeps but last night she did not. I think Im going to have to look at it the only way I can. I M alive to be awakend but such a ruckus!!!!! LOl I could have been dead to the world litterally

Anonymous said...

This entry reminded me ,of the song ' A boy named Sue ' lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You are so right about attitude. Like today, I'm very tired this morning. I don't feel like going to work. But, after reading this entry, I'm glad I have a job to go to!
Thanks for this,
Pam