Sunday, June 24, 2007

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 24

 

God comes closest to us

When our souls are in repose . . .

Like petals dropping soundlessly

From a fullblown rose.

Helen Steiner Rice

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul.

 Psalm 23:13

GOOD MORNING !

It is Sunday , my R&R day once again. With the long days I’ve been putting in, I’m really in need of some R&R. My nights, just like the nights of summer have become shorter and shorter and I’m operating on very little steam. I know for sure that my old body needs it’s rest and it’s just not to be had.

I’m sure that the worst is not over by a long shot and I’ll have to be drawing on the strength the good Lord provides for me. I’ll make it through all this and the ‘ordinary’ days will return . That is life, the ups and downs and all in between.

You all are in my prayers as always!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest

Thomas Moore

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound very weary ,I hope everything is alright ..love and prayers Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Love and Prayers to you and yours. Joni

Anonymous said...

I will pray God gives you some extra strength to see everything through you have to do right now.Yes there are times when our loads seem very heavy.We have to learn to take the bad with the good,and at times it is so weakening.As the common quote goes.Its a hard life if you do not weaken.The good Lord is beside us all and he will carry you through this I am sure of it.I hope you found time to rest a little today and you managed to get a few smiles along the way and the sunshine shone on you for a while too.You are in my prayers always.Take Care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

IM so so agreeing with you on this one cant dewell on it

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and your Dad and family... hope you can get a little rest
Sandra

Anonymous said...

my thoughts and prayers are with your family and your dad. I know you must be tired. The weekend's are way to short. lol.