Sunday, June 10, 2007

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 10

I have been exercising a lot more lately.

I am not talking about those push-ups and sit-ups

I do in the morning, either.

The exercise I am talking about lasts all day long

and makes me feel better than I have ever felt before.

The exercise I am talking about is

the greatest work-out in the world

and benefits you in every way imaginable.

The exercise I am talking about is exercising your joy.

This wonderful exercise can help

every part of you everyday of your life.

It keeps your mind alert

by thinking positive thoughts

full of optimism and enthusiasm.

It keeps your eyes clear by looking

at all the wonders of the world around you

and by reading words that inspire you

to become the person you want to be.

It makes your ears sharp by

listening to lovely music, singing birds,

tinkling wind chimes,

and the three greatest words in the world,

 "I love you."

It keeps your lips fit

by giving thanks to God all day long.

It keeps your voice strong

by singing beautiful songs.

It helps your teeth shine

by sharing your smile.

It gives your arms a workout

with hug after hug.

It helps out both the taste buds

and the stomach by sharing

good food with people you love.

It keeps those legs firm and healthy

by dancing in delight and walking with God.

It gives your insides a lot of work with happy

and frequent doses of laughter.

It makes your heart stronger

by giving your love to everyone.

It makes your soul even brighter

by sharing its light with the whole world.

It makes every bit of your life more fit

by helping you to do what you

were always meant to do and

to be the Child of God that you

were always created to be.

Don’t be afraid to exercise

your joy everyday then.

It not only helps you to feel good,

but it also helps you to be good.

It not only makes you better,

but it also makes the world better.

It not only makes you fit for this life,

but it also makes you fit

for the next life as well.

Joseph Mazzella

GOOD MORNING !

There is an old saying that if we don’t use it WE LOOSE IT. Just like the poem above states, we have to do those exercises that keep us fit.

My body isn’t so fit but it’s my soul I’m working on right now. Maybe it would be good to get both kinds of exercise and keep fit spiritually and physically, but the physical part seems out of the question right now.

Today I’ll be getting my weekly dose of R&R which is part of my exercises in faith. With out these weekly vitamins, I’m afraid I wouldn’t have the strength needed to do my job the rest of the week.

My job isn’t just going to work everyday, it is much much more and I hope to be able to do it to the very best of my ability. Being joyful, rejoicing in all circumstances in not easy for anyone, but I am working on it.

Exercising my inner being and strengthening my very existence isn’t an easy thing to do, but so very necessary. I will be saying special prayers for all of you today. I hope your can find some time to exercise those moments of joy too !

Thought for Today

Sometimes...

We must be hurt in order to grow;

We must fail in order to know,

We must lose in order to gain.

Some lessons are learned best

Only through pain.

Sometimes...

Our vision clears

Only after our eyes are

Washed with tears

Sometimes...

We have to be broken,

So we can be tender,

Sick so we can rest and think better;

On things more important

Than work or fun;

Trip near death,

So we can assess how we've run

Sometimes...

We have to suffer lack,

So we can know God's provision,

Feel another's pain,

So we can have a sense of mission.

So take heart, my friend,

If you don't understand today,

Instead of grumbling,

Ask God what He means to say,

In order to learn you must endure,

And learn to see the bigger picture

In order to grow, you must stand;

Look beyond the hurt

To God's loving hand

That takes what is good,

And gives what is best,

And on this blessed thought, rest:

As your anxious heart,

With questions, waits,

God's hand only gives

What His loving heart dictates

Sometimes the Lord calms the storm;

Sometimes He lets the storm rage...

And calms His child.

Better the storm with Christ...

Than smooth waters without Him.

Author Unknown

Wherever you go, God is already there.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats the sort of fitness regime I can cope with ,hope your Dad was ok ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have a blessed day!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having a good weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

ah I need a little excericse but I hate ot exercise patientce becuase that means stuff happing you have to wait for lol

Anonymous said...

I Love reading these things you write here in your journal.I try to do the same exercises too,I don't know why but I seem to have read this before.Or maybe the same thing in another journal? Still I enjoyed it so much..I too find it difficult to keep up with the physical side of exercise,I might do myself an injury LOL!! I hope you had a good day with your Dad and he was feeling a little better.I hope you have had some lovely smiles today and lots of sunshine along the way.We have Hooray !!!! I think summertime has come along at last.Have a lovely Sunday Evening.Take Care God Bless.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES