Thursday, June 7, 2007

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 7

P.S. I LOVE YOU

Love is like wildflowers.

It’s often found in the most unlikely places.

To get more out of life, give more of yourself.

Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb.

That’s where the fruit is.

You’ll learn more about a road by traveling it

than by consulting all the maps in the world.

When fate shuts a door, come in through the window.

No failure is ever final, nor is any success.

If you’re doing your best,

you won’t have time to worry about failure.

Dreams come true for those who work while they dream.

No one is guaranteed happiness,

life just gives us time and space.

It’s up to us to fill it with joy and meaning.

Do for others with no desire of returned favors.

We all should plant some trees we’ll never sit under.

True wealth is what you are, not what you have.

Almost all of our unhappiness is the result

of comparing ourselves to others.

We can’t do much about our appearance,

but we have total control over the kind of person we become.

To change everything, simply change your attitude.

Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.

Carrying a grudge is like a run in a stocking –

 it can only get worse.

Forgiveness is the answer.

When you remember how hard it is to change yourself,

you begin to understand what little chance

we have of changing others.

Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers,

why not gather your own bouquet.

A friend is a person who knows all about you

but likes you anyway.

Friends are like a beautiful garden.

They require regular care.

The people on our planet are not standing

in a line single file.

Look closely, everyone is really standing in a circle,

holding hands.

Whatever you can give to the person standing next to you,

it eventually comes back to you.

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles,

it might be the only sunshine they see all day.

 p.s. I Love You

GOOD MORNING !

We made it over the hump of the week and are now on the downhill slide into the weekend. Yesterday morning we started out with temps in the 40’s (brrrchill) but today we are supposed to be in the 90’s. Our weather is on a merry roller coaster ride.

 I’ve found I do about just as poorly in hot hot weather as I do in the cold cold of winter. Thankfully for the most part my environment is artificially controlled. I was reading an article yesterday about what we would have to do without if we lived in some of the  3rd world countries.

Out would go most of the furniture, the TV, the car and the toilet of all things…There would be no postal service or garbage pickup, nor would we have more than $5.00 in our savings. Last and not least of course there would be no computers !

I’m thanking the good Lord this morning for all that I do have for sure. If we just take the time to think about our blessings, we find we have so many many.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Tell the people you love,

that you love them,

at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,

but by the moments that take our breath away.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart.

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.graphicgarden.com

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I was always taught from being a small child to be "Thankful For Small Mercy's" and I guess that quote my Father taught me will always stay with me no matter what.I repeat it to others and also must say it to myself every day a thousand times.It is only a short quote but it covers almost everything in my eyes.No matter what my day brings I always seem to say this to myself.It makes me a happier person.Our weather too is so cold and dark and so very very windy.I have just wrote a rhyme to post about the subject for my next entry.Not to worry. We have to be "Thanful for small mercy's" I have a roof over my head and a lovely warm home to sit in.God is Good to me. I hope you get a little sunshine and a few smiles along the way today.Have a lovely Thursday. Take Care.God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http:/journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

No computers OH MY I dont think I could live without my connection to the outside world. LOL WELL im sure I could but I would miss all of you. however if i had not gotten a computer then Im sure I would never miss it. If that was the normal way of life then we would not miss the car of the tv which Im glad to do withoutm ost of the time. I during the summer watch very little of it.

Anonymous said...

Im counting my blessings and they are many ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

When I'm down I do try to count my blessings and that cheers me up.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Our Pastor was just talking about America in church on Sunday - about how blessed we are to live here. We really do take so much for granted.
(((hugs)))
penny

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for these blessings too.  I would certainly miss all those modern conveniences.