Sunday, June 3, 2007

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 3

Do a common thing in an uncommon way.

Booker T. Washington

You probably know certain people who complain about their lives -- their jobs, relationships, family or possessions. It's the same 'ol, same 'ol and even though they don't like where they are and know things could be better, they aren't willing to step up and create change.

I can find adventure in my daily living by exploring the simple and mundane tasks. A simple thing can be an experience of awe and wonder, if we let it.

How often do things turn out differently than we had hoped? How often do we find ourselves in a situation that we don't like, and we are disappointed that it turned out the way that it did? The next time you find yourself in a difficult situation resist having a "pity party" and feeling sorry for yourself. Maybe God is doing something that you don't see at the time.

Perhaps the way you handle it could be an encouragement to those who observe you. Who knows, God may be using your time of trial to prepare the way to be a blessing to many more people than you could ever know.

The way we speak reflects our heart, and our hearts will be where our treasure is.

"Make the best of it" and watch God work.

(a combination of several of my daily devotions this past week)

GOOD MORNING !

It’s Sunday once more and I’m off to church for my weekly dose of R & R. I hope you all are blessing your souls today in some way or another. You all are in my prayers as always.

As you may or may not have noticed my entry on Sunday mornings is being made much later than usual. I’ve been spending weekends with Dad and thankfully my next door Sister gives me a break so that I can go to church. I come home and get ready and also make my entry on line for the day. I’ll be going back to Dad’s after church and won’t be home again til evening. My weekend sure does fly by.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.

Robert Brault

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart.

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are always so positive.... it cant always be easy for you bless you Ma ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I love your outlook...may you have a beautiful week...many hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Your thought for the day today is sooooo true! What an inspirational entry! I hope you have a good day today. I know it isn't easy working all week and then spending weekends at your Dad's. You are a strong lady.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hope your dad is doing ok.  Its true, we should take nothing for granted, however small it is.  Hugs, Terry x

Anonymous said...

yeah I noticed your entries are later. yes I agree I know people who gripe about life and wont do what needs to be done to change it. It is different if you cant change it or are doing all you can. but so many just wont even do whats set in front of them.

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely Sunday. :)
I bet your weekend really does fly by. It`s Monday before you know it.
Hugs,
Pen
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/

http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh

Anonymous said...

yes weekends do go by fast I'm sure. I know a lot of people who complain about the dumbest things, I just say it can be worse.
Hopefully you had a good R&R day for the work week is about to begin again.