Monday, June 4, 2007

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 4

Do Less

DO LESS THINKING,

and pay more attention to your heart.

DO LESS ACQUIRING,

and pay more attention to what you already have.

DO LESS COMPLAINING,

and pay more attention to giving.

DO LESS CONTROLLING,

and pay more attention to letting go.

DO LESS CRITICIZING,

and pay more attention to complementing.

DO LESS ARGUING,

and pay more attention to forgiveness.

DO LESS RUNNING AROUND,

and pay more attention to stillness.

DO LESS TALKING,

and pay more attention to silence.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

In this busy world we all think about doing more most of the time so this little poem above really stuck out at me when I saw it. We really do need less sometimes.

Back to work today ! The weekend was a hard one and Dad is weaker not stronger. I’ll probably be operating on SLOW gear today for sure and probably doing less too.

Thought for Today

Trust your hunches. They're usually based on facts filed away just below the conscious level.

Joyce Brothers

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE !

MA

 

 

www.heartwarmingholidays.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not agree with you more. I just want simple times. I pray for your dad to get better and feel better. we have a lady at the fellowship who Ihave watched get weaker and weaker. she refuses to get surgery or a pace maker becuaws she said she seen to many that it not help and it was wasted time healing she claims some her age were actually better before it. It does make me think and wonder. I have seen my grandmother do okay. so I dont understand it.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear your Dad is getting weaker ,it must be hard to see that ,loved your thought for the day ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I really like your entry today. I hope you feel better soon.  Maybe as the day goes you'll feel better.  Sometimes I find if I'm moving slow in the morning, by the afternoon I'm going full speed!
Have a great day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your dad being weaker. I know I do spend so much time thinking, I need to stop that. LOL.

Anonymous said...

I so wish Dad was feeling better.....
Have a quiet week....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Hi it's good to be back to this wonderful journal I have missed.I am just trying to catch up on lots of missed alerts right now.Good advise you have posted here once again and enjoyed reading your entry  so much.Love the graphics.I will be back to all the posts you have entered I have missed,when I have been around knocking on everyones door to read there latests posts.SIGH it's such hard work,but hard work they say never killed no man so I will continue LOL!! The workmen have left at 4pm so I have been online since catching up.I managed a couple of lovely hours in the wonderful sunshine we have had today after the sea fret liften.Plenty gulls around like your tiny graphic I have seen today.Sorry your week/end was a tough hard one and sorry to read Dad was not too good .Prayers will be said thousandfold things improve.It is so sad when people are ill.You look after yourself and keep your chin up.We need you here I love your journal.Take Care God Bless .Sorry I have been away so long.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES