Wednesday, June 13, 2007

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 13

 

I’ve got another story to share with you all today….

An old man, a boy and a donkey were going to town. The boy rode on the donkey and the old man walked. As they went along they passed some people who remarked it was a shame the old man was walking and the boy was riding.

The man and boy thought maybe the critics were right, so they changed positions. Later, they passed some people that remarked, "What a shame, he makes that little boy walk." They then decided they both would walk!

Soon they passed some more people who thought they were stupid to walk when they had a decent donkey to ride. So, they both rode the donkey.

Now they passed some people that shamed them by saying how awful to put such a load on a poor donkey. The boy and man said they were probably right, so they decided to carry the donkey.

As they crossed the bridge, they lost their grip on the animal and he fell into the river and drowned.

The moral of the story? If you try to please everyone, you might as well... Kiss your "donkey" good-bye.

GOOD MORNING !

I’ve been there and done that , it’s true. I’ve tried pleasing everyone. It never works. The more years we live the more realize that the choice to be happy depends on our selves.

Things don't always go right and we shouldn't feel guilty if we get upset, Sometimes it's good to reflect a bit on what brought our bad mood on, but then we need to move on. We need to put the bad thoughts behind us and choose to feel joy in our lives again.

We always have choices, why not make it great We need to focus on our values, our beliefs , and our faith. If whatever needs done, doesn’t fit in with those, then maybe it doesn’t need to be done at all.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

You can't speak a kind word too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your stories your sharing they are very inspirational

Anonymous said...

I especially needed this today, since I am dealing with guilt about my dealings with some grandchildren.  I have to learn you can't help those that will not help themselves.  Everything you said is so relavent.  I must move on to joy!  

Anonymous said...

Lovely story ,and a good message in there too ,I look forward to your entry each day ,it is so uplifting and you are so wise ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

good thought of the day..I am keeping it.

Anonymous said...

Well I know this is a good rule to follow, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything".  I know this is a hard rule to follow sometimes, espcially when you deal with the public everyday.  You are a Very Special Person, and I'm so happy to read your thoughts everyday.  Thanks again, Joni

Anonymous said...

It sure is true. I`ve learned I can`t please everyone so I don`t even try!
Have a wonderful day.
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/

http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh

Anonymous said...

That is so true! I gave up trying to please everyone a while back. It's futile.
Pam