Wednesday, June 27, 2007

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 27

An Oprah episode a few years back had Toni Morrison asking, "Do your eyes light up when your children come into the room?" Because that is what they are looking for, Morrison said.

I find myself reflecting on that wisdom frequently. Because is that not what we are all looking for? Today, let us make sure someone finds it.

GOOD MORNING !

Tuesday I took the day off from work. Lots of arrangements had to be made and things had to be done. This morning, I’ll go into work and do the payroll, but I will not stay the full day as my bosses were kind enough to let me have off.

The funeral will be Friday. My children will be coming in for that and even though the circumstances are not so great, it will be a joy to see them all. They will make my eyes light up! They have been the joy of my life and a blessing for sure.

My ability to add graphics is nil this morning.  Something must not be working right in AOL Jland again.

Maybe tomorrow!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Fill the hours with purpose, and the passing of time works in your favor. Fill your days with meaning, with creativity, with goodness, joy and love, and each day leaves behind lasting value for your world.

Ralph Marston

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bosses are usually so compassionate at times like this.I hope you are feeling as well as can be expected,and yes don't our children just light up our eyes.How true that is for me anyway.Not that I light up theres always I don't think. Haa You know the OH ! mum speach they come out with,after my advise at times.LOL.I am only trying to help Haaa.Yes it seems all the family always seem to be able to get together for these sad events but lets be grateful they are here to be able to attend is what I say.I hope your day is as pleasant as can be,and you get a little sunshine,which is what we could do with at the moment after all these terrible floods we are suffering right now.Take Care God Bless Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand.

Anonymous said...

So glad you have a compassionate boss and so glad you have your kids. We had prayer yesterday for you all and safe travel wishes.

Heck I cant even get on AOL t his morning IM on IE and i hate IE!!!!! It says temproary can not finish log in. try again in five mins.

Anonymous said...

You have a very kind boss...and you take care...still my love and hugs go to you...
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I know this is a tough week for you. I'm glad you have the time off and will be seeing your children. They will be such a support to you.
Pam

Anonymous said...

You have my sympathy. It's still wonderful to have your children all with you to share the good times and not so good times. God Bless, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you have your familt around to suport you at this time ,and an understanding boss ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Big hugs....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you will have your family around you this week.  And you know what your Dad would like to see that too, I'm sure he'll be watching.  Love and prayers, Joni