Saturday, June 16, 2007

CHAPTER 6, PAGE 16

Smileanyway!

Let's face it, there are mornings when we would love to slip even further under the covers; there's no way we can face the world with a cheerful look today.

There is a story about the king who wanted to win his fair lady but he had a cruel and hard face. He consulted a friend who told him he must have kind thoughts and do kind deeds.

The friend made a wax mask for him that showed him to be kind. Each day the king tried to be more loving and gentle until it was finally a part of him, and he won both subjects and his lady. He no longer needed the mask.

So let us smileanyway and the world will smile back.

Author Unknown

Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available.

Jim Beggs

GOOD MORNING !

I’m still SMILING. I didn’t have a chance to do anything about my broken tooth yet and if anyone noticed I was toothless yesterday, they were kind enough not to mention it.. I did think I talked with a lisp and tried to watch my pronunciation carefully.

I’m still staying every weekend with Dad so that he won’t be alone and to give my care giver sister a break. Although there is no definite prognosis, it seems he will not be getting any better and I would ask you all to keep him in your prayers.

This weekend is supposed to be a very hot one inthe upper 80’s with maybe a thunderstorm by Sunday evening. We do need the rain here and have been watering our flowers trying to keep them happy

If you’re having the same weather as we are or worse, try to keep cool, drink plenty of liquids and don’t be out in that sun too long without some protection. Take good care all !

Thought For Today

Always remember to be happy because you never know who's falling in love with your smile.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

here is a hug and smile to you {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} I hoe this week you get your tooth fixed

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you look great tooth or not, hopefully you'll get if fixed soon. Happy Father's Day to your father.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time with your dad and keep smiling, even with that bad tooth.  Hugs, Terry x