Monday, January 1, 2007

VOL.2007, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 1

BEGINNING TODAY

Beginning today I will no longer worry about yesterday.

It is in the past and the past will never change.

Only I can change by choosing to do so.

Beginning today I will no longer worry about tomorrow.

Tomorrow will always be there,

waiting for me to make the most of it

But I cannot make the most of tomorrow

without first making the most of today.

Beginning today I will look in the mirror and I will

see a person worthy of my respect and admiration.

This capable person looking back at me is someone

I enjoy spending time with and someone

I would like to get to know better.

Beginning today I will cherish each moment of my life.

I value this gift bestowed upon me in this world

and I will unselfishly share this gift with others

I will use this gift to enhance the lives of others.

Beginning today Iwill take a moment to step off the

beaten path and to revel in the mysteries I encounter

I will face challenges with courage and determination

I will overcome what barriers there may be

which hinder my quest for growth and self-improvement

Beginning today I will take life one day at a time,

one step at a time, Discouragement will not be allowed

to taint my positive self-image, my desire to succeed or my

capacity to love

Beginning today I walk with renewed faith in human kindness,

Regardless of what has gone before,

I believe there is hope for a brighter and better future.

Beginning today I will open my mind and my heart.

I will welcome new experiences - I will meet new people

I will not expect perfection from myself nor anyone else;

perfection does not exist in an imperfect world.

But, I will applaud the attempt to overcome human foibles.

Beginning today I am responsible for my own happiness

and I will do things that make me happy

admire the beautiful wonders of nature,

listen to my favorite music, pet a kitten or a puppy,

soak in a bubble bath.

Pleasure can be found in the most simple of gestures.

Beginning today I will learn something new;

I will try something different;

I will savor all the various flavors life has to offer.

I will change what I can and the rest I will let go.

I will strive to become the best me I can possibly be.

Beginning today ~ And every day for the rest of my life...

Author Unknown

Edith Lovejoy Pierce said, "We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day."

Today is the beginning of another day of life. It is up to you to leave yesterdays pain and hurts behind which hinder your own ability to plant seeds of new growth and discovery. Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning.

Who knows what the next ending will mean for your next new beginning.

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.

--Edith Lovejoy Pierce

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

My book (my life) actually started back in 1944. I was born during WWII. I wish I had recorded the happenings in my life since then, there are so many tales to tell.

Maybe someday I’ll start a new journal and make my memoirs but for today I’m busy enough with what is happening right now and hopefully the words I write will encourage someone to SMILE a little more and to look for the SUNSHINE.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits. :-)

Author unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart!

May hope, love, and warmth be in your heart's possessing, and may the New Year bring you and yours many blessings.

Ma

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Begining today.... is lovely and so true, if only i could remember it throughout the year. Happy new year.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

happy new year and yes another chance to begin again

Anonymous said...

thanks..... HOPE THIS IS THE BEST YEAR!  I think it just may be a good one..... Nice to be able to begin again. Have a wonderful day. Sandra

Anonymous said...

We began life the same year.......It was a vintage year. : )

Have a wonderful New Year,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year.   Have a good time with your family and the wonderful meals you cook today.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

WHAT A WONDERFUL ENTRY FOR A  NEW MORNING OF A  NEW DAY OF A NEW YEAR.I love the words you have wrote here.Once again so refreshing to me they are.I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you a wonderful New Year.Yes I think we all wish we had wrote things earlier from the past times.I was born in 1946 and I cannot believe where the time has gone.So many things I could write about too.Take care Have a wonderful week.With a little bit of sunshine too for you I hope.God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!  I hope it's a great one!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I hope 2007 is a wonderful year for you.