Wednesday, January 3, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 3

If we take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves.

Maria Edgeworth

Someone was watching a clockmaker hook a pendulum onto a grandfather clock. The thought came to this person on all the hard work that the clock would have to do. 60 ticks a minute, 3,600 ticks an hour, 86,400 ticks a day, and 604,800 ticks a week.

The person asked the clockmaker would the clock be able for it. He answered, “Of course it will. It only has to make one tick at a time.”

One step or one tick at a time is a great reminder in how to get through any day.

From one of the devotions I read every day

http://www.todayismygifttoyou.ie/

GOOD MORNING !

Here we are OVER THE HUMP DAY already. I like this kind of week ! Work was pretty quiet and I got some of things done that were left behind from last week.

Tuesdays are usually data entry days at work so hopefully I get that worked in today and then I’ll be back on schedule. I’m a creature of habit and used to doing certain things on certain days and hate getting behind. But I don’t regret having all those days off the last 2 weeks for Christmas and New Year’s .It will be a long time until the next vacation day or Holiday comes along .

<FONTSIZE=4>Work does tend to get slower this time of year and soon I’ll be down to the ugly job of cleaning out files making room for what comes in again. . Somebody has to do it and I’m that somebody. They pay me the same all year round, no matter what kind of work I’m doing, so that’s a good thing.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Time is not measured

By the years that you lived,

But by the deeds that you do

And the joy that you give.

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few smiles and lots of sunshine to warm your heart !

Every day presents new opportunities but especially the start of a new year. We welcome these opportunities and for us to know that God is gently journeying with us in all our hopes, dreams and plans for this new year.

MA

PS. I've had problems with the font this morning and  tried to correct it but....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is extremely good advice 'one tick at a time' Im pleased work is going well for you ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

yeah it was nice in a  way to have all the family time but yes I need habit I need routine. I need to get back to my business.

Anonymous said...

Afraid I am a creature of habit too.I need to be planned for every minute of every day.One only tick at  time as in your tale today though can we do........ I hope your week goes fine and I am  happy to read work it is a little quiet just now so you will not be rushed too much.Take care God Bless.
Astoriasand http:..journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

always love your thoughts and stuff. Happy Thursday to you. The week is almost over.