Tuesday, January 23, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 23

People can be just like the weather.

One day they can be cool and the next day they can be warm. Some change from hour to hour, and some change from minute to minute. It's not easy to predict how people will treat you, but one thing is for sure: God loves them all.

From one of my Daily Devotionals

Good Morning !

We all know how unpredictable the weather can be and I think most of us know how unpredictable people can be too. One day someone may smile and hug and treat you like the best friend in the world, another day, they don’t even have time to share a word or two.

Because of this I try to keep some constants in my life that help me maintain some balance . I try to keep an optimistic attitude and ignore some of the rebukes and snubs I receive.

I read a lot, and what I read has to be uplifting even if it’s a mushy romance novel. I read alot on line…I’ve found that articles, devotionals and things I enjoy are there for free and thankfully I also have some people that share their used paperbacks with me too.

As there is no one here at home to greet me with a hug and a smile, I’m thankful for the ‘critters’ who never get tired of my hugs. They like the attention.

I also love journaling and sharing because it helps me feel connected to my family, friends near and far.

Counting my blessings every day is always priority for me and If there have been some failures in the day (and there often is ) I try to learn from them and move on. Blessings I remember, the rest is in the past and should be forgotten.

Last ,but not least, in my list of constants is leaving my concerns with the Lord and trusting Him to answer my requests.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

You've got to continue to grow, or you're just like last night's cornbread -- stale and dry.

Loretta Lynn

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know where you find the words, but they are always interesting and wonderful.Sending you a big Smile today and we do have a little Sunshine today too, so I will send you that ,but is is freezing outside and snowed overnight slightly Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.So I will keep that to myself LOL!! Take care have a lovely Tuesday.
God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astorisand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

some days are just hard!!!!!!!!!! I tell you they are just hard!!!!!!!!! So I try very hard to not take it personally when somoene snubs me but some im not having it any easier myself. I wish I was better at it.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a sunshiney day with lots of smiles from all you meet .love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I think people just have bad and good days and don't even realize they are hurting another when they are cranky. I try to take that into account. And, let's face it, everyone isn't going to like us every day. We can only hope those we love do. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

You're right about people.  It's good to have our constants to steady us when it gets stormy.
Have a good evening.
Pam