Wednesday, January 31, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 31

The single most thing that has been with me day in, day out, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and joy, in quiet moments and in celebration, in the depths of despair and the heights of the awesomeness of life, is my journal. You see, there's a special relationship between me and my journal that has yet to be found elsewhere.

Think about it: a journal doesn't disagree with you, doesn't argue back, doesn't criticize, is always there, and best of all, listens. My journal is my friend, my confidante. I have always been able to see things more clearly when I am writing them down. It calms me, and helps me to feel all the things that I'm trying not to feel. I don't seem to be able to fool myself when I write. It helps me see myself differently.

My journal is my reflection, a mirror to the inner part of me. When I look back over the pages at a later time I can relive the good, positive feelings I had about myself, When I write, it's really, really hard to lie. And when I do, I know full well what I'm doing. And word by word, journal by journal, I find that I am becoming more true... to my self.

Bits and pieces I found in articles about Journaling

GOOD MORNING !

The end of the 1st Chapter in my new book has come already. The next Chapter (February) is one of my favorite months of the year. There are so many things I can share with you . Topics like the heart and love have endless offerings.

Valentines of course will abound and I hope you’ll enjoy them.

It has been very cold all week with wind chills down around ‘0’ degrees and a few more inches of snow each day. Right now I’d say we have 6 to 8 inches accumulated. I’ve done some shoveling and my nextdoor sister has had her snowblower out too ! Good exercise for me…brrrchill !

I think I’d rather be enjoying the warm breezes on a beach somewhere, however, here I am and I truly am just thankful I can still lift that snow and heave it !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.

Henry Van Dyke

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah IM kind of done iwth the cold weahter since we did not get any during dec nad it stayed so warm till a few weeks ago now IM ready to be on to a warming spell.

Anonymous said...

You and me on a warm beach ,Mmm how we would chat ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Yes how fast January has passed by.I cannot believe it.Feb brings alsorts birthdays in abundance for me and Valentines day as you say.The weather here as been so kind this last few days it has almost felt like spring.It's good you find your journal so special.Sorry the link to your graphics no longer works such a shame they are always so lovely.Hope you can still get them though.Take care God Bless Hope you have a few smiles today and a little sunshine in your Life and Dad is doing fine.
Astorisand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astorisand/MYSIMPLERHYMES