Tuesday, January 30, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 30

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,

not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life

and supremely happy

with Him Forever in the next.

Amen.

Reinhold Niebuhr

GOOD MORNING !

Do I really know what it means to be serene??? The definition that found said that it means to calm and untroubled—without worry, stress or disturbance.

No matter how hard I try there are days that just have NO serenity in them, other days it’s so calm that if I were any more serene I might as well be in heaven.

Finding a happy medium in all this really does mean that I don’t try and take control of circumstances I can have no control of and just put them in the hands of our dear Lord.

I’m off to work with a SMILE and lots of layers of clothing this morning and will try to remember that He that loves us all , has everything in control.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Your smile tells everyone that you are happy!

Pass that smile on and watch it light up

the world from the inside out!

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

P.S.

Just wanted you to know my Dad has been fever free for 36 hours now and is still on ‘stand by’ for his surgery. I’ll only update you on his status if anything new happens.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

we tihnk this is just horrible that he is kept in hospital waiting. Not only becuase he is stuck in there but you know Im sure he is on medical and we all pay taxes on this bill and he did too once in his life. And of course sitting there he around more germs. I would be raising some cain about this. I think they just take advantage of older people. I understand how you feel. There are days when serenity is a word I feel like can never be even gotten close to

Anonymous said...

I think serenity is such a little used word ,and feeling in todays society ,your poor Dad must be so fed up waiting now ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your Dad is still fever free, i hope he gets his pace maker soon.
Jenny <><
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jennyp51/stop-the-clock-times-moving-too-/

Anonymous said...

I is hard to find many serine days in  todays world.Everything seems rush to me.I have many serene days I make them that way, we need to.Happy to read the good news on your dad.I hope he improves each day and soon can have his operation.Take Care hope you have a smile given to you today and alittle sunshine too.
Astorisand
Journals.aol.co.uk/astorisand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I hope your dad gets his pacemaker soon and this will be one less worry.
Have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Stay warm and thats such good news about your dad!
hugs
pen