Friday, January 26, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 26

The best six doctors anywhere

And no one can deny it

Are sunshine, water, rest,

and air Exercise and diet.

These six will gladly you attend

If only you are willing

Your mind they'll ease

Your will they'll mend

And charge you not a shilling.

Nursery rhyme

Good Morning !

Well my Dad is still waiting in the hospital for his surgery. They’ve put him on the ‘stand by’ list which must mean when they have time, they’ll do it. They have starved him 3 days in a row, thinking that today is surgery day and of course you can’t eat before surgery…then comes the end of the day they say maybe tomorrow and finally give him a little food and drink.

Maybe today will be the day…we’ll see. I’m off to work and brrrchill is it ever cold out this morning…I’ll be putting on the double layers of clothing today !

Thought for Today

A hug delights and warms and charms, that must be why God gave us arms.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and a lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would walk out. MAN I would not have that done to me. !!!!!!!!!!! starve me then say no and have me waiting all day oh no way. I dont like being on pins and needles. Your poor father {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} to him I pray the do this surgery

Anonymous said...

Thats been a long wait for Dad and so annoying too, when one cannot have there meals daily in full,which elderly people need more so.Stregnth goes in at the mouth I always say.I do hope they have a bed shortly and get it all done and dusted for him and you soon.Take Care God Bless Prayers still being said.Hope th e sun shines a little even if it is Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and you get a smile form someone today.
Astroriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astorisand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Sorry your Dad has waited so long.  He is fortunate that he has the support of such a loving family.
God Bless You.
Pam

Anonymous said...

That seems so unfair. Can you talk to the doctor about this?

Anonymous said...

Oh, your poor dad. That`s sure no fun waiting like that and not eating!
Stay warm :0)
penny

Anonymous said...

Fancy keeping your Dad ,waiting around like that ,it doesnt seem fair do as it ?..keep warm ..love Jan xx