Sunday, January 7, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 7

Each new day is the start

of a fantastic journey

in growing, learning, and becoming.

Each new day is another chance to find joy,

to bring joy, and to share joy.

Each new day is one more time

that we can help each other,

give to the world, find oneness with God,

and be the person that we

always dreamed we could be.

Joseph J. Mazzella

There is never a day that goes by that I don’t learn something new. We really never get to old to learn new tricks. The saying that you can’t teach an old dog new tricks is really not true. We may have a hard time adjusting, but we do learn.

I have adopted a new years resolution that I read in Joyce’s Journal that I really liked and think I may be able to follow through with :

to be a better friend and relative. Treat those, as you would like to be treated....make each day count...spread joy and positive thoughts, where you can.

I thought this was such a good resolution to make. Hopefully she won’t mind that I took for my own too!

DD and I are going to lunch after church today and then do a little shopping. The lunch is going to be paid for by a gift certificate from DS#5 and his wife that I got for Christmas and I have a gift certificate from DD and her hubby to do the shopping with too!

As always I’ll be saying a little prayer for you all today

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

May You Have...

Enough trials to keep you strong

Enough sorrow to keep you human

Enough hope to keep you happy

Enough failure to keep you humble

Enough success to keep you eager

Enough friends to give you comfort

Enough wealth to meet your needs

Enough enthusiasm to look forward

Enough faith to banish depression

Enough determination to make each day

better than yesterday.

Author Unknown

And may your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good New Year Resolution you chose from your  friend.I am sure she will not mind one little bit.I hope you enjoy your shopping spree and have a realy nice meal too. I am sure we will all have enough of!!! Have a lovely Sunday God Bless.Hope you get a little bit of sunshine too and a few smilesthroughout your day today.Take care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

We could all take that one on board ,enjoy Church today ,and lunch and shopping love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

GOOD MORNING and may you be doubly blessed today

Anonymous said...

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday.

God bless,
Angela

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and Inspirational.  I will hold onto those words.  Thanks.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

Secretly, that is one of my new years thoughts too.  I won't call mine a resolution. But I have thought that this year it is time to regroup with family and spend some much needed time together.  We have grieved over the past year individually.  In 5 days it will be a year.  We turned a corner at the the holidays - for me it was New Years.  Even at Sweet E's party I could feel some relief and less tension.  We are all looking forward to more time together.  So I agree, yours and Joyce's resolution works for me too.  LOL.