Saturday, January 27, 2007

CHAPTER 1 , PAGE 27

Our world remains a mystery, even to the most knowledgeable among us. We often look toward professionals, political leaders or celebrities for the answers to our problems with life and love, only to be disillusioned by their feet of clay.

If we are wise, we discover that our answers come only when we work them out for ourselves. Others may contribute to our understanding, but the acquiring of personal wisdom is always an inside job. No one can do it for us.

Additionally, knowledge often comes by way of ignorance, so we should all be challenged and encouraged by what we don't know.

Leo F. Buscaglia

GOOD MORNING !

I’m off to go in to see my Dad this morning.. We’ll go visit for awhile and hopefully bring a little sunshine to his day. Yesterday he should have had the pacemaker surgery, but he started running a temperature. Now it is put off til Monday if everything is ok. The good news is that he did get 3 meals.

He has to wait it out and cannot leave because his heart isn’t going to beat right with out it. They have a temporary pace maker patched onto him along with lots of other wires all over. He’s in the cardiac care unit and being monitored continuously.

We just never know what life will bring, so we really have to celebrate each day ! We may not thnk today is so great, but if we can can eat today, enjoy the sunlight today, mix good cheer with friends today,we should enjoy it and bless God for it

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.

Carl Sandburg

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good day and will keep your dad in my prayers.
Pam

Anonymous said...

OH IM so sorry I know he just wnats to get out and go home. BUT YOu know that temperature came from bieng in the hospital it isa den of germs and illnesses that is why they should not have him sitting there waiting to get a pacemaker!!!!! I pray he gets it monday no delays.

Anonymous said...

Will keep you and your father in my prayers.  I hope his fever goes away so he can have the surgery he needs.  I guess you will be taking off work on Monday right?  FMLA covers you remember for taking time off to care for a dependent, but you have to have to notify employer and have his doc complete the medical forms.  
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Oops in my previous comment, I said doc had to fill out medical forms, I meant to say "FMLA certification form".  Sometimes they charge $10 to 35 or so to complete though. Depends on the doctor.  I just wanted to make sure you were aware of this FMLA thing and I'm sure you are!

Anonymous said...

I hope Dad soon gets fit as to be able to have the operation Monday.Prayers are being said.Happy to read he got his 3 meals that will help plenty.Take care God Bless Have a lovely week/end hope you get smiles and a little sunshine too.
Astorisand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astorisand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Prayers for him to be well. And, yes we must live for the moments.

God bless,
Angela

Anonymous said...

So pleased your Dad got some thing to eat ,at last ,hope he is soon able to have his pacemaker fitted .no news of the sleeve then ? ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy the weekend and have a good day with your dad.
Hugs
penny

Anonymous said...

I love the opening 3 paragraphs.  So True.  Love reading your journal.  Good luck to your Dad on Monday.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy