Saturday, January 13, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 13

A DEFINITION OF THE NEW YEAR

The new year is a door

By which we reach new fields

Of service for God and fellow man:

A door by which we can explore

Wide spheres of usefulness

Our world to bless,

And reap the sheaves

God's word of witness yields.

The new year is a task

Set by the Master of our souls,

A little part of our life's work below:

And so we ask holy wisdom

which alone controls

Our labor, teaching what

and where to sow:

That the year, at its end,

May show God's glory

and man's profit blend.

The new year is a book

With many pages,

and as yet all white

On which to write

The history of thought,

and deed, and word

In this new group of days.

We pray thee, Lord,

As thou shalt look upon the book,

When written over,

may all be to Thy praise.

 Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

I hope you all got to sleep in and relax a little this morning. It’s the only day of the week that I really get to do that. Monday – Friday is work and Sunday morning is church.

I fell asleep in my chair last night and then woke up to go to bed and then managed to sleep in this morning. Guess I need that extra sleep.

I do feel good this morning and will soon get busy and tackle all my Saturday chores . I love being home.

Beginning today it’s supposed to get much colder and by midweek we’ll be down in the low 20’s…BRRCHILL. Guess I better line up some of that warm clothing to wear this coming week. 

It’ll will be a busy day , but a very enjoyable one.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Anonymous

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah IM not ready for the cold but all this rain is not good either. ugh too much already this morning

Anonymous said...

Iused to love my job ,but oh I do enjoy being retired,I can have Saturday most days of the week lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I am retired now so I have the chance to sleep in any morning,but I am such a poor sleeper I never do this.I love the book graphic and also the thought for today script.It sounds like you are in for a very cold spell,it is realy cold here in England rain and gail force winds in my part of the country.Still I can smile if I don't get a little sunshine.:-) Smile and the world smiles with you.My passed over fathers favourite song was called "The Sunshine Of Your Smile" it is a beautiful song.When I read your journal I always think of him.It is his memorium today 13th Jan 1980.He would have loved to have read your journal I am sure.Sugar has put my verse in her Praise and Prayer journal today .I am smiling.Bless her.Take Care God Bless
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I slept very late today and it was great. I find as I get older that I need more sleep than I did when I was young. Happy you got some good rest. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your evening.  It was a very restful day for me, thank goodness.
Pam

Anonymous said...

No sleeping in for me today, I had to be at work at 8:15. :/
pen