Tuesday, January 16, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 16

If God brings you to it,

He will bring you through it.

 

Happy moments, praise God.

Difficult moments, seek God.

Quiet moments, worship God.

Painful moments, trust God.

Every moment, thank God.

Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

This morning as I prepare to start another work day I’m reminded that in every moment (good or bad) of this day I should praise and thank God. It’s not always an easy task, but as a believer -- it’s what I’m called to do.

So this morning I’m counting my blessings and those of my family too ! We are all blessed in some way or another… Even though it’s a cold and maybe snowy day today , I’m blessed because I have a warm home, I have a car with a nice heater, and I have a job that provides me with them. So what could I possibly complain about ! Praise the dear Lord, I am thankful to be so blessed.

Rejoice and be glad. This too is a day the Lord has made !

I put a picture up of last year’s January purse.and my new January bracelet. Of course I’m carrying the purse this January too. 2006 was the year we got a new purse every month…nothing expensive, but fun.

This year we are going after an accessory of the month. We choose bracelets for this year and will do something else next year. It’s just a fun thing to do . DD, DDIL#6 and I are participating in the bracelet of the month this year. A gal has to have some fun in life…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

May there be a miracle in YOUR life today and may you have the EYES to SEE it!

And May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of Sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sog lad you and your daughter in law can do that. You know my MIL talks to me when she needs to know what to get Todd for Hanukkah and if we are at a gathering........... BUT............... you can tell its forced and she is trying to just make small talk. There is no real relationship. Itsnice when you can have a relationship with your MIL and family but Todds family is just not warm to me. In fact his third in line brother seems to be the fav along with his wife. Seems no matter what they come first. The other three brothers seem to be an after thought. In fact the fav brother is living in the house and farm and will get it we are sure after his mom is dead with it all. Todd never got one momento after his dad died. Its so neat to see how your family is treated equally. His dad had called a year or so before he died and asked his SS #  said he wanted to be able to leave him something in his life insurance and had to have his ss. # but have never seen anything of that. We do know the fav brother got a new semi truck a really really nice camper and a new chevy truck and his wife a new car!!!!!!!!!! the two daughters got a newer car not brand new but newer right after that. So um not sure what went on there. Its not about the money you know but he would have liked to have had a memento of his father like a gun he had or soemthing. BUT nothing was ever done . AND of course how do ask about something like that

Anonymous said...

The purse is beautiful and I just love the basket it is so pretty and differant from things here in England.I feel too I am blessed with a warm home a roof over my head and health that enables me to do daily things.I hope a miracle does happen today in that my friend is seriously ill and OH!! how I hope and pray she could take a turn around for the better.Your fun thing sounds fun too.Enjoy!! I agree fun keeps us going.Well it keeps me going lets put it that way.Far better to have fun and a few smiles than be miserable and shed tears.Take Care God Bless have a lovely day I hope you get a few smiles and a little sunshine too.Thankyou.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

All of your entries are great but for some reason THIS one is one of my favorites so far.  The whole thing just touched me.  And I love your purse and bracelets idea!   And the prayer for the card senders is wonderful!  Do I need to send you a card for a prayer? <smile>   I could use one of your prayers this week.
Hope you have a good day today and stay warm.
Pam

Anonymous said...

the bracelet sounds like a fun thing to get this year.... I will be keeping my eyes out for a new bracelet this month too ..... hope you don't mind me copying you. the purses were fun last year.I gave 3 of mine away already, some are harder to part with so I too will be changing purses this year. :)  Sandra

Anonymous said...

Love the purse and the bracelet is beautiful. What a great idea and wonderful that you can share it all with DD and DDIL#6. You are right in saying that a gal has to have some fun in life. Your purses and now bracelets always bring a smile to my face -- so they are making some fun in my life too. Have a good one !!!

Anonymous said...

The purse is beautiful. You could use that one all year. : )
Lovely that you pray for those who send you cards.

God bless you,
Angela

Anonymous said...

I like the bracelet of the month!
Hope you have an easy rest of the week at work... I not only had a three day weekend but have Wednesday off too... Of course the work is piling up and I will have to move it next week to catch up. lol...
Keep warm!
Linda :)