Friday, January 12, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 12

Out With the Old

Last Week I threw out WORRYING,

It was getting old and in the way.

It kept me from being me,

I couldn't do things my way.

I threw out those inhibitions,

They were just crowding me out.

Made room for my New Growth,

Got rid of my old dreams and doubts.

I threw out a book on MY PAST

(didn't have time to read it anyway).

 Replaced it with New Goals,

Started reading it today.

I threw out childhood toys

(remember how I treasured them so)?

Got me a NEW PHILOSOPHY too,

Threw out the one from long ago.

 Bought in some new books too,

Called I CAN, I WILL, and I MUST.

Threw out I might, I think and I ought.

WOW, You should've seen the dust.

I ran across an OLD FRIEND,

Haven't seen him in a while.

I believe his name is GOD,

Yes, I really like His style.

He helped me to do some cleaning

And added some thing's Himself.

Like PRAYER, HOPE and FAITH,

Yes I placed them right on the shelf.

 I picked up this special thing

And placed it at the front door.

I FOUND IT - its called PEACE.

Nothing gets me down anymore.

Yes, I've got my house looking nice.

Looks good around the place.

For things like Worry and Trouble

There just isn't any place.

Its good to do a little house cleaning,

Get rid of the old things on the shelf.

It sure makes things brighter,

Maybe you should TRY IT YOURSELF.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

When the New Year comes a lot of people try to get organized and when I saw the poem above, I thought about how important it is to organize our own well being …house cleaning of the soul you might call it.

When I think back 15 or 20 years ago, I know I was a totally different person than I am now. I wasted so much time worrying about things that absolutely didn’t warrant the time I spent on them. Now I rarely worry about anything. That is not to say I’m not concerned or don’t care about things, but worry – no.

I have found peace , peace with my life and with my family and with my God.

It is Friday ! My favorite day of the whole week and I’m off to work once more. It’s going to be a great day !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Ann Landers

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah if I could just get my life organized lol I love the doggie saying

Anonymous said...

I like that spring cleaning your brain ,also the dog quote is good too ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that poem.  It's great!

Anonymous said...

You always come up with such great poems.  I agree about worrying, we worry too much over little things. Thanks for sharing.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

good one:)

Anonymous said...

This verse was wonderful I have never read that one before and I realy like it so much.I too was like you a few yrs ago but not any more.We live and learn.Good things to have on your shelves. I myself keep  a peace plant in the hall on a table near my front door,I always try to have one there.Hope you get a little sunshine and a few smiles today too.Take Care God bless.Have a lovely week/end.
Astoriasand http:..journals,aol,co,uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I loved that poem too. Wonderful. I have let go of a lot of my past silly worries but do admit to holding on to some......I have more to learn. Thanks for the poem. Good reminder. : )

Angela

Anonymous said...

I'm still in the worrying stage.... lol... and then I just worry cause I'm trying to give up worrying... viscious cycle...
Have a great weekend! I have three days off, yay!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

peace is a good thing, I think everyday I am thinking about my kids and money and this and that. Grrrr. have a great day.