Sunday, January 28, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 28

Grant to us, O Lord,

the royalty of inward happiness,

and the serenity which comes

from living close to thee.

Daily renew in us the sense of joy,

and let the eternal spirit of the Father

dwell in our souls and bodies,

filling every corner of our hearts

 with light and grace;

so that, bearing about with us

the infection of good courage,

we may be diffusers of life,

and may meet all ills and cross accidents

with gallant and high-hearted happiness,

giving thee thanks always for all things.

Robert Louis Stevenson

Good Morning !

BRRRCHILL !

The Siberean Winds are coming our way !

That’s what the weather man said. Right over the artic and down to us. I’m off to church for my much needed dose of R & R this morning and then off to visit with Dad again.

We found out that he had the fever because of pneumonia. Yesterday his temps were normal so maybe the good dose of antibiotics they gave him cleared it up. I’ve heard of the dangers of pneumonia after surgery, but not ever before??? I don’t know what all this does to his status of getting the pacemaker, but maybe we’ll find out today.

This whole situation is beyond my comprehension. So I’ll be saying lots of prayers and trusting in God’s care.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Don’t start your day by supposin’

That trouble is just ahead.

It’s better to stop supposin’

And start with a prayer instead.

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm saying a prayer for your dad.

Anonymous said...

we had prayer for your dad yesterday. just bieng in the hsoptial gives you germs galore. man he must be miserable sitting there

Anonymous said...

I do hope your Dad soon feels well enough,to have his pacemaker fitted soon..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Keeping your dad and your family in my prayers.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Pneumonia is rampant this winter. My five-year-old granddaughter had it a few weeks back. He could have caught it in the hospital.

Have a good R&R day,
Angela

Anonymous said...

I hope the weather gets a little kinder for you,and I do hope Dad gets over that nasty coplaint very soon.Prayers are being said.Take Care God Bless.
Astorisand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astorisand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I just love Robert Louis Stevenson. He`s a great writer.I hope your dad is feeling better. I`m sure the doctors would like him to be in as top shape as possible before the procedure.
Love ya
penny