Sunday, January 14, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 14

This is a time for reflection as well as celebration.

As you look back on the past year and

all that has taken place in your life,

Remember each experience for the good that

has come of it and for the knowledge you have gained.

Remember the efforts you have made

and the goals you have reached.

Remember the love you have shared and

the happiness you have brought.

Remember the laughter, the joy,

the hard work, and the tears.

And as you reflect on the past year,

also be thinking of the new one to come.

Because most importantly,

this is a time of new beginnings

and the celebration of life

Taylor Addison

GOOD MORNING !

Another day is here for us to celebrate. Life is so very precious !

As I’m getting a little older, I’m finding I’m taking things slower and doing a little less, but I’m still rejoicing as each new day comes.

My 83 year old Dad told me last week ‘Remember , you’re not 50 anymore – your in your 60’s and it’s time to slow down.’ I am doing just that. Sometimes it’s my body telling me that and sometimes it’s my mind. If I get too tired out, things just don’t go the way they should.

Regardless of age I still find that I’m learning more and more how much we take for granted the blessings of each day. There are more miracles all around us than we often have the eyes to see.

It’s R & R Day once more. The day I’m Refreshed and Renewed for another work week. I’ll be off to church a little later and will be saying a special prayer for all of you !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Every day is the day that turns somebody’s life around forever. Is today that day for you

Jim Rohn

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice entry!  You are always so uplifting.  Heck, I'm 47 and I take it slow sometimes LOL!  
Have a good Sunday and enjoy Church.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh I can so relate to this ,Im 66 in Feb ,and my mind wants to do what Iwas doing 20 years ago ,but my body often has other ideas ,however Ido know I'm lucky to do what I do ,and am still eager to learn ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I think we all find our own time to slow down.I try but still i cannot,I am afraid.I do believe as one gets older we do realise more how much we take for granted true.Enjoy your church and Take Care.God bless.
Astoriasand http:..journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

ah we have been in the mud and muck not slowing down but needing to. getting the back yard remodel going on

Anonymous said...

Yes, the body does somehow know when we are in our 60s and slows us down. Sometimes that can be frustrating but we are lucky to be here for sure. : )

Thanks for praying for us,
Angela

Anonymous said...

I do appreciate things more as each year passes.  Great entry.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/mrsm711/LatteDah/     Tracy

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great R&R day. I agree life is very precious and as each day goes by I'm so grateful. Thanks for the wonderful entry.

Anonymous said...

Hi there it just to say thank you for wellcoming me to Jland love your smilley thoughts its brightens up anyone day if you can only smile. Speake to you soon. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Hi there it just to say thank you for wellcoming me to Jland love your smilley thoughts its brightens up anyone day if you can only smile. Speke to you soon. Kathie.