Friday, January 5, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 5

Whatever the past year may have meant to you,

make it dead history.

But let the new year be a living issue.

With a big fresh sponge,

dripping with the clear water of forgiveness,

wipe clean the slate of your heart.

Enter the year with a kind thought for every one.

You need not kiss the hand that smote you,

but grasp it in cordial good feeling,

and let the electricity of your own resolves

find it's connecting current --

which very often exists where we think it not.

Make the new year a happy one in your home;

be bright of disposition;

carry your cares easy;

let your heart be as sunshine,

and your life will give warmth to all around you.

And thus will you and yours be happy.

~From the Ladies' Home Journal~

GOOD MORNING !

The last 3 mornings I’ve been blessed by the brightest full moon ever on my way to work. It’s so nice to think that we all have been sharing that same moon. No matter how near or far away that old moon has been shining for all of us to see.

Today it will probably be hidden by the clouds as we are supposed to have rain off and on all day. It is finally FRIDAY – and Friday’s are always good days in my book. I won’t let a little rain get me down.

The plan for this weekend is getting all my Christmas things put away. We’ll see…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

And now let us welcome the New Year.

Full of things that have never been.

Rainer Maria Rilke

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

I know mine will !

MA

 

graphics by: www.graphicgarden.com

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah its been warm too whihc has been nice becuase since I did not get snow now I m ready for winter to be over with. I remember in september I had such hopes with it cooling down faster . but yes coud and rain are on the way

Anonymous said...

Yes my plan too is for taking the Christmas things down.In fact I was just about to start as your alert came through.LOL!! How could I not miss this one LOL!! A brighter start to my day once I have read your entry always with your little bit of sunshine you send me.Yes it is pretty cloudy on my horizon today too.Now I will attempt that chore which I so hate taking all the glitter down, it's the bare patches after which get to me.So with that I will wish you a lovely pleasant Friday and a very good week/end to you and yours.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

That's what I'm expecting this year.....things that have never been....unspeakable happiness for my family.

Anonymous said...

Yes its twelth night tomorrow so we can take the decorations down now for another year ,have a great weekend ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I have been admiring that same big ole moon and it sure is pretty. It is always sad when the glitter and decorations come down, the lights get turned off and we are left with the darkness of winter. Each day is getting longer and soon the light and sunshine will return to us. Snow for me this morning, though I did see some crocuses up and soon to bloom the other day. Have a wonderful weekend !

Anonymous said...

I love rain but I love all kinds of weather......except when it's over 85 degrees and humid. : )
The rain gives me an excuse to be lazy, as if I need one. : )

Angela