Thursday, January 4, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 4

Start Over By:

Author Unknown

When you've trusted God and walked his way,

When you've felt his hand lead you day by day,

But your steps now take you another way.....

Start Over

When you've made your plans and they've gone awry,

When you've tried your best and there's no more try,

When you've failed yourself and you don't know why......

Start Over

When you've told your friends what you plan to do,

When you've trusted them and they didn't come through;

And now you're all alone and it's up to you.....

Start Over

When you've failed your kids and they're grown and gone,

When you've done your best but it's turned out wrong,

And now your grandchildren have come along......

Start Over

When you've prayed to God so you'll know his will,

When you've prayed and prayed and you don't know still,

When you want to stop cause you've had your fill......

Start Over

When you think you're finished and want to quit,

When you've bottomed out in life's deepest pit,

When you've tried and tried to get out of it.....

Start Over

When the year has been long and successes are few,

When December comes and you're feeling blue,

God gives a January just for you....

Start Over

Starting over means "Victories Won";

Starting over means "A Race well run";

Starting over means "God's Will Be Done";

 Don't just sit there...

START OVER.

GOOD MORNING !

Each day I start over and each day I’m always hoping that it will be better than the one before. Except for family celebrations and holidays, they are pretty much all the same.

Normally, Monday through Friday I go to work. Saturday I clean house and visit dad and Sunday I go to church and come home and finish up what I didn’t do on Saturday.

That’s what my normal days consist of and I am very thankful for them. I’ve learned to love normal ordinary days as the not so ordninary ones haven’t been too great.

So here’s hoping that today is one of those very ordinary wonderful ones!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

May your troubles in the new year be as short-lived as your resolutions. :-)

Author unknown

And …May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we have all started over many times.What a wonderful verse this is.yes "It is a hard life if we do not weaken" so the saying goes.Starting out many times over and over again.Every day is a blessing. I am thankful for my day ordinary or not.I hope your day is one of those ordinary wonderful ones too.Take care God Bless and I hope a little sunshine comes your way too.Thankyou.Have a lovey day.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm often thankful in the evening that I can start over in the morning.  Wasn't God gracious to give us fresh mercy each day? (actually each moment)

Anonymous said...

Its a blessing we have the means of starting over ,and even more important to recognise how lovely regular is lol ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Love the kitth graphic and its not easy to start over always but sometimes its best. yeah I love my routine.

Anonymous said...

I don't think that we are given "ordinary" days. Ask anyone who is going through a bout of chemotherapy for the third time, or someone who will be told that their disease is terminal and their life will be over soon. I think that any day when we are able to rise up and greet the sun is a "joyful, special" day and an added bonus in life. Each day is a special gift of possibilities and opportunities and if we don't consciously make the most of it, then they become "ordinary", dull and boring. "Extraordinary" days happen when we choose to reach out to others -- at work, at home, at church, in hospitals and care facilities, in our family, in our community and in our world. Each day is a special gift and we, alone, have the power to change what could be an "ordinary" day into an "extraordinary" one. The choice is ours.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you......Ordinary is all I care about. It's a good thing.

Angela

Anonymous said...

yes it's  nice to have a routine, it's not a bad thing. Have a great week. Hugs to you.