Monday, January 8, 2007

CHAPTER 1, PAGE 8

THE WAY TO A HAPPY NEW YEAR

To leave the old with a burst of song;

To recall the right and forgive the wrong;

To forget the things that bind you fast

To the vain regrets of the year that's past;

To have the strength to let go your hold

Of the not worth while of the days grown old;

To dare go forth with a purpose true,

To the unknown task of the year that's new;

To help your brother along the road,

To do his work and lift his load;

To add your gift to the world's good cheer,

Is to have and to give a Happy New Year.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Back to work today and wow what a fast weekend that was. I really need about 2 more days at my house. ( A four day weekend would be nice ) All the decorations are now back in the attic or the basement , but not much else got done. I did have a great time doing lunch and shopping with my daughter yesterday, so that was a good thing.

Here in Northern Ohio a few snow flakes are predicted for Monday into Tuesday but they say by the weekend we’ll warm back up into the 50’s.

A lot of the warm things I usually wear in the winter time haven’t come out of the closet yet because it’s been to warm to wear them. Very unusual for this time of year.

Today I’ll put on a shirt and a sweater just in case. Stay warm everyone and hopefully healthy. There is a lot of colds and flu going around here.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The New Year lies before you

Like a spotless tract of snow

Be careful how you tread on it

For every mark will show.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

they predict snow for tonight adn tomrrow. HEY I say we have the week off and work weekends for th esame pay!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved both the verses they were so nice.it's always cold here in England I have at times to wrap up even with the central heating on LOL!! Having Hypothyroiditis.Yes it's good to have all the things wrapped up and put away once again.How time rolls by so quickly.Hope you get a little sunshine and a few smiles today too.Take Care God Bless.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

All the flu and colds ...would benefit grom a sharp frost to kill the germs ,have a nice day ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Your entries are always so uplifting to me.  Hope you have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Wow, I could have had this same entry in my journal...lol...snow in Ohio, lunch with my daughter, Christmas decorations put away but not much else. I`ve barely worn my winter coat, let alone pull out the scarves and gloves. Weird, huh? Have a wonderful day!!
penny

Anonymous said...

I have been saying for a long time now a couple more days at the weekend is needed.  When did life become so fast.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I finally caught hubbys cold about a week ago....
and I think you have our warm weather by mistake cause it has been in the 20's-50's here, but I'm loving it after all those 110's last summer...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I finally caught hubbys cold about a week ago....
and I think you have our warm weather by mistake cause it has been in the 20's-50's here, but I'm loving it after all those 110's last summer...
Linda :)